Content withdrawn - I will NOT be threatened by a moderator, simply because I queried the actions of another...

Nice one Andy - I've never built a helicopter - I'll be looking in on what is likely to be something 'a bit different' - Good Luck - Steve :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's interesting.  I always thought that the original 1976 moulding was based on the prototype with the 3 small cabin windows and that it was reworked to give the correct window at a later point.

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 23:07, andyf117 said:

That was the Matchbox one, updated for the subsequent release under the Revell label....

Thanks, I knew I'd built one at some point in the dim and distant past in that configuration.

I know you said you were doing the blue one as a HAS2, what variant are you doing with the grey?  Only reason I ask is that I see you've cleaned up the 6 man seat; don't forget that was out of service by about 1990/91 having been replaced with the inflatable 4 man seat.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/09/2018 at 18:10, andyf117 said:

Sometimes even what appear to be simple things can take up an inordinate amount of time....

....take the sling bands on the Lynx main rotor blades. After some considerable time searching both in print and online, I couldn't find anything to actually tell me what their positioning was - so I then had to hunt down a photo that not only showed them clearly, but which was also a suitable angle to accurately measure their distances from root and tip....

....once I'd established those and marked the kit blades accordingly, 32 13mm lengths of yellow decal stripe were applied, after which the blades could be attached to the previously-assembled rotor heads:

Those rotor blades are looking the business so hopefully the rest of the Lynx's are following on! Looking forward to it. All the best, Mike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...