COMPRESSOR QUALITIES

APJ643

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first compressor and I'm thinking better to buy a good one rather than a cheap one with not so good performance.

I've read many reviews and threads with many differing opinions on good and not so good compressors and still not sure which to go for!

Can anyone please tell me the essential and desirable qualities I should be looking for in a compressor, please

For me it would be a near silent one when in operation. Able to make plenty of air so that you can spray away without fear of waiting for the air to catch up and also a storage tank on the compressor which helps with the air situation and smooth out the air flow. Also a good regulator and moisture trap are essential. On the hose side, a braided hose and quick connect fittings are a bonus.

• 3 months later...

For airbrushing... basically anything with a tank.

Seriously not a lot of difference in quality of small compressors.

I used a Chinese job with a small tank for a year and I was doing artwork...so I'd be painting for hours. No issues.

Pick something that satisfies your need of noise level.

For small airbrush compressors this usually comes down to 1 very hard to hear outside the room or 2 hard to hear even in the room.