Thomas Francis "Ginger" Neil, DFC & Bar, AFC, AE RIP

Jonny

It occurred to me that tributes have been paid in this forum recently to Mary Ellis and Geoffrey Wellum,  but so far I haven't seen one to Tom Neil who died July 11.  The 'Few' are indeed becoming VERY Few.

Please allow me to rectify this.  I have seen and heard interviews with Tom Neil and he always appeared like so many of the Few - very unassuming.  I likked his 'Silver Spitfire' book too.

Jonny

• Like 2

Only got wind of Tom Neil's passing today when Aeroplane Monthly arrived on my front door mat.  Very sad to hear he has left us.  I only recently built a model of his Spit XII, coincidentally.  Did anyone notice any mention of Neil or Wellum on the BBC News website?  I can't say I did but they did give Mary Ellis a big write up, and rightly so of course. However it seems that the men who were actually shot at defending this country don't warrant a mention. How terribly, terribly modern of the BBC.

Edited by Meatbox8
I've been really on one tinight but have ow had time to reflect on some of the more indignant remarks I made earlier.