1/48 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Kinetic - 3D renders - release in 2023 ?

Homebee

3 minutes ago, petarvu said:

I would love C/AZ box from Kinetic just like in ESCI kit

And the longer  C-200 / E  models.... and two seaters....

And as we are at it a conversian for the South African Aerosud Super Mirage with the engine of the MiG-29... :D

• 5 months later...

I know this is a daft question because if anyone knew anything I’m sure they’d have posted it, but I’m gonna ask anyway. Anyone know what happened to this? It felt quite close in 2019, but a lot else has happened since and there’s now even talk of an A-10 from Kinetic in this scale. I would have thought this would be right up there with the F-104 as a fantastic money spinner, much more so than a Puccara, A-10 and even Harrier. Hopefully it is still on its way.

On 3/18/2021 at 4:55 PM, Filler said:

I know this is a daft question because if anyone knew anything I’m sure they’d have posted it, but I’m gonna ask anyway. Anyone know what happened to this? It felt quite close in 2019, but a lot else has happened since and there’s now even talk of an A-10 from Kinetic in this scale. I would have thought this would be right up there with the F-104 as a fantastic money spinner, much more so than a Puccara, A-10 and even Harrier. Hopefully it is still on its way.

I think Filler that the 1/48 Kinetic Mirage F-1 family will be a ''surprised'' release with no previous announcement just like Kinetic have

done with its F-104G / TF-104G family of kits.

There will certainly be many ''smart reboxing'' covering all versions of the Mirage F-1 and all airforces that have operate the ''fléchette'' (dart)

plus the current private paramilitary oragisations operating it now in USA.

One thing sure : This 1/48 scale Kinetic Mirage F-1 family will be a huge best seller for Kinetic.

🙂

SharkOwl 

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

I think Filler that the 1/48 Kinetic Mirage F-1 family will be a ''surprised'' release with no previous announcement just like Kinetic have

done with its F-104G / TF-104G family of kits.

Yea, I recall Raymond saying on Facebook that Kinetic won't be making public any of their planned kits until just prior to release. This was immediately after the eventual release and final conclusion of the AMK Tomcat debacle. I think a few manufacturers learned from that! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Avgas said:

Yea, I recall Raymond saying on Facebook that Kinetic won't be making public any of their planned kits until just prior to release. This was immediately after the eventual release and final conclusion of the AMK Tomcat debacle. I think a few manufacturers learned from that! 

The AMK Tomcat release should be a case study for model companies in how not to manage customer expectations.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ABeck said:

hope is a Gina, expectation is the Mirage F.1, likelyhood is F-4/14/111

Gina would be good. F-14? I think that unlikely considering recent releases but the Mirage would be a great idea. Why do some aircraft get treated so poorly by manufacturers? A good F-111 in 1/48 should sell well in many countries I'd have thought.

A Tracer to keep up the USN line?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Gina would be good. F-14? I think that unlikely considering recent releases but the Mirage would be a great idea. Why do some aircraft get treated so poorly by manufacturers? A good F-111 in 1/48 should sell well in many countries I'd have thought.

A Tracer to keep up the USN line?

A 1/48 F-111 is huge, the original a/c has just few paint schemes (3 maybe 4) and most decorations are boring.

So no, it will not sell well (first you can forget the japanese market) and the price tag will be prohibitive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, plasticguy said:

A 1/48 F-111 is huge, the original a/c has just few paint schemes (3 maybe 4) and most decorations are boring.

So no, it will not sell well (first you can forget the japanese market) and the price tag will be prohibitive.

But it saw combat in Vietnam, Lybia and Iraq, as well as it is a swing wing design and it did great dump and burn air shows..

So obviously I cannot agree ;)

Edit:

If talking off topic and swing wings already... there also were swing wing Mirage prototypes... 

The in twin and single seat and twin engine configuration! TF-30 anyone??

Kind of setting the base for F-14...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/Dassault_Mirage_G8.jpg

Dassault_Mirage_G8.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/23/2021 at 1:20 PM, plasticguy said:

First, given I've seen many people, myself included, mention the desire for a new 1/48 F-111, at Britmodeler.com; why would it not sell well on the modeling market and why would it not sell, especially, on the Japanese market? How can it be said that the price tag would be prohibitive when a new kit hasn't even been announced yet, much less a price suggested? The F-111 is a favorite of some modelers and their enthusiasm for the airplane runs high. My hope is that the F-111 enthusiasts get their 1/48 scale model and even a series of them and that you get a 1/48 scale model of your favorite airplane as well.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 6:20 PM, plasticguy said:

So no, it will not sell well (first you can forget the Japanese market) and the price tag will be prohibitive.

While I understand the point that you make, I'm not sure that 'just a few paint schemes' is necessarily on its own a limiting factor when a manufacturer is deciding which aircraft kits are (or aren't) worth developing. There's no shortage of kits of the F-35 around in all scales; the F-35 literally has only one colour scheme, regardless of the operator, which surely has to be the very definition of the term 'boring'. It's also the ugliest thing ever to enter widespread service post-war (my opinion only, admittedly, though no-one I know has a different one)!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hmm @hopkp, There is not an abundance of good F-35 kits in 48th, especially B/C ... and there are many operators... 

A good F-111 has a secure market, as the Academy one is old and void of great detail and the HB one very wrong in places....

Number of Operators and color  scheme is only 2 indicators of a good selling kit...

Everybody would need to do MiG-21 then.... or MiG-17s

Back to the F1...

fits the bill for paint scheme and operators, and conflicts!- good!

Not used in Israel- bad

Not used in the Falklands- bad

Interesting load outs- good, but harder to get right in kit form -bad

Complex shapes - Kinetic did well in the Mirage III series-good, but not so well on the Mirage 2000 series - bad

Ease of build - let's hope for a Starfighter quality kit  with many fixings containing correct detail parts and weapons :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, exdraken said:

Complex shapes - Kinetic did well in the Mirage III series-good, but not so well on the Mirage 2000 series - bad

Apples and oranges. Mirage 2000 was one of their first kits under old management.

IIRC Raymond took over at the time of F-5 series.

And switch to the new tooling shop happened during the Mirage IIIE/V series - note the finer panel lines on two-seater fuselage vs the wing taken over from the IIIE release.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Apples and oranges. Mirage 2000 was one of their first kits under old management.

And switch to the new tooling shop happened during the Mirage IIIE/V series - note the finer panel lines on two-seater fuselage vs the wing taken over from the IIIE release.

The Mirage 2000 was done by the projects manager that left during the Kfir project. Raymond took over projects for several years then he hired the current projects manager.

The switch to the current mould maker started with the F/A-18.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

I've read a lot of comments about that difference, finally an answer why. Thank You.

I have one of the Academy F-111 kits, the lack of detail isn't an issue as it will be built as an F-111B thanks to @Tailspin Turtle and his excellent site and book. If you want to see how bad the Academy and HB efforts are just compare them to the 1/72 Hasegawa kit which is far superior to either despite being 1/72. 

59 minutes ago, Laurent said:

The Mirage 2000 was done by the projects manager that left during the Kfir project. Raymond took over projects for several years then he hired the current projects manager.

The switch to the current mould maker started with the F/A-18.

Got to say that Raymond did a good job turning round a rather shaky start. It will be interesting to see what is announced and even more to see how the quality compares.

F-35 having finally seen one in person I don't think the colour does it any favours in scale models. The real thing is 'interesting' IMHO rather than ugly.

Back on Topic now, let's see who is right.

• Like 1

I am more of a left field guy and doubt that this would be anything commonly expected give their offer that anyone guessing right will get a kit.   Maybe a  Dassault Ouragan as there are several users but honestly it's just speculation.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I am more of a left field guy and doubt that this would be anything commonly expected give their offer that anyone guessing right will get a kit.   Maybe a  Dassault Ouragan as there are several users but honestly it's just speculation.

We'll all find out in a few days. 

😁

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 10:53 PM, hopkp said:

While I understand the point that you make, I'm not sure that 'just a few paint schemes' is necessarily on its own a limiting factor when a manufacturer is deciding which aircraft kits are (or aren't) worth developing. There's no shortage of kits of the F-35 around in all scales; the F-35 literally has only one colour scheme, regardless of the operator, which surely has to be the very definition of the term 'boring'. It's also the ugliest thing ever to enter widespread service post-war (my opinion only, admittedly, though no-one I know has a different one)!

Surely the F-117 is even uglier

On 3/28/2021 at 7:47 AM, MarcV said:

Surely the F-117 is even uglier

You might have a point there, though on balance I think I'd declare that particular beauty contest a draw! I've never bought a kit of either plane and never will.....

• 8 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Kinetic - 3D renders - release in 2022 ?