1/72 - Zlín/LET Z-37A Čmelák by Eduard - released

Homebee

An interesting statement.

Source: https://www.eduard.com/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2020-12en.pdf

(...) We are going to release three new kits in December. There is Z-37A Cmelak in ProfiPack 1/72nd scale line. The kit contains the same plastic frames as October release #2131 Servus chlapci. However, the ProfiPack is going to be standard single kit, with six marking and painting options. In this case, these markings are international markings with Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Russian, Indian, and East German aircraft. Cmelak is our current star, the item 2131 is better seller right now than other October release, Spitfire Mk.I in 1/48th scale ProfiPack line. (...)

So it definitely worth proposing different and creative subjects to the modellers...

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

Absolutely !! The plethora of WW2 aircraft being issued in their various guises by every second manufacturer on an almost weekly basis can surely be uncompetitive, IMHO.

Anyway, my kit of this aircraft arrived today, and it's well up to the standard suggested above. The decal sheet is possibly a bit overboard; I won't be buying enough kits to cover every example.

Looking forward to the international decal sheet which I hope is available separately as well as in the new kit.

I suppose there's no excuse not to build my Airtruk to go with it now........

Rog 

• Like 1

Čmelák have in Czech Republic a cult status. Every boy know it and is a movie star in popular movies from ´70 & ´80, is widely used everywhere in former Czechoslovakia.,, But it is a simple, colourful and peaceble small aircraft too. No bombs, no guns, no death.... And Servus, Hoši (Hi, Guys) is L.E. with two bumbles in one pack... I like Spitfire, but i have L.E. from last month, so "Čmelda" (Little Bumblebee) is logical choice... And yes, i´m too awaited a 1/32 version for Infinity (HpH) and 1/48 from MACO.  Bumblebee is this strange season bestseller ! I think in us (former Czechoslovakia) probably, but when western modellers don´t ignore it, it is a happy. (And you, Čmelda is simple cuttie (Kawai ?) - small and yellow !!! And i think a many Wife or Girlfriend say.... "Oh Dear, what it is - a nice little yellow aircraft ? You don´t build another fighter/bomber today ?"   

• Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Zlín/LET Z-37A Čmelák by Eduard - released - new boxing

Box art - ref. 7097 - Zlín/LET Z-37A Čmelák  Profipack Edition

Source: https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4040579509290299&id=116570475024575

126839399-4040578239290426-4796570988783

V P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Zlín/LET Z-37A Čmelák by Eduard - released
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New boxing in March 2021 - ref. 7456 - Zlín/LET Z-37A Čmelák - Weekend Edition

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/4303468109668103

Weekend Edition kit of 1/72 scale Z-37A Čmelák is going to be released in March under cat. no. 7456.

Box-art by Piotr Forkasiewicz depicts OK-AKP aircraft.

Z-37A serial number 12-18, manufactured and registered to Slov-Air in the Slovak Air Register in 1971. After many changes in ownership, the aircraft is currently owned by Air Jihlava - service s.r.o.. The No.312 Squadron RAF badge on the engine cowling and the kill markings under the cockpit are consistent with these items painted on Spitfire Mk.XVI TE184, when it was flown as DU-N. OK-AKP was flown with tiger motif fuel tanks. The plane was stricken off charge in 2018 and became a source for spare parts.

153835497-4303466169668297-2992899938530

V.P.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Zlín/LET Z-37A Čmelák by Eduard - released - new boxing
  • 4 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 8:43 AM, Basuroy said:

Eduard normally kits airplane that are either important/famous or aesthetically pleasing and they justify it by investing a great deal of energy to produce a high quality model  . This particular type is obscure and an abomination to look at and will  struggle to sell weekend edition boxes nevermind those dual edition profipacks . Doubt they would expend their energy on this .  

As far as I know , they intend to follow the mig-21 with a fokker d.vii and then a typhoon/tempest in future (2020 ).  They really struggle to churn out more than one 72nd scale kit per year , even the -pf/pfm of the mig-21 is slated for 2019 . Why waste precious time and resources on a crop duster . 

Since I didn’t read they whole thread, it was pointed out earlier that this is selling quite well. I’ve bought the duo edition and there have been several displayed on this board.

As they say… “and now for something completely different!”

Edited by Bejay53

It is selling quite well, because this aircraft was part of childhood for many modellers in countries where it was used. The nostalgia feeling alone and the relatively cheap price tag is enough motivation to buy it. Plus, it doesn't take long to build it, as opposed to a Tomcat or Hornet for example.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Zlín/LET Z-37A Čmelák by Eduard - released

Cmelak truely does have charisma, and the kit is simply outstanding, as far as I understood the kit tooling was outsourced to another Czech manufacturer, and they did superb job, hope more kits will come out of their cooperation, would not mind new Fieseler Storch ( and K-65) family from Eduard.

• Like 1