1/72 - Zlín/LET Z-37A Čmelák by Eduard - released

Homebee

After Kovozávody Prostějov (link) Eduard is also working on 1/72nd Zlín/LET Z-37A Čmelák (Bumblebee) kits for 2019 2020.

Source: 3D renders published in Modelář magazine "Z-37 Bumblebee. The manufacturer is anonymous but should be domestic - "Z-37 Čmelák. Výrobce zatím zůstává v anonymitě, ale měl by být domácí"." and Scalemates link

1147811-11991-21-pristine_1.jpg

1155019-11991-49-pristine_1.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Eduard normally kits airplane that are either important/famous or aesthetically pleasing and they justify it by investing a great deal of energy to produce a high quality model  . This particular type is obscure and an abomination to look at and will  struggle to sell weekend edition boxes nevermind those dual edition profipacks . Doubt they would expend their energy on this .  

As far as I know , they intend to follow the mig-21 with a fokker d.vii and then a typhoon/tempest in future (2020 ).  They really struggle to churn out more than one 72nd scale kit per year , even the -pf/pfm of the mig-21 is slated for 2019 . Why waste precious time and resources on a crop duster . 

Edited by Basuroy

That doesn't look like an Eduard type subject, they usually stick to military subject matter.

It might be something for Brengun to give us. They put out the Zlín Z-50 aerobatics plane kits over the past year, so small civil types are clearly something they'd do.

I would say Special Hobby, as the have done civil stuff before, but they are also in the habit of announcing "new releases" years in advance and then never doing them.

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Hang on, thats a bit harsh. I quite like these old dears, an honest work horse that has earned respect imho. ;) :D

Steve.

In hindsight , I do feel that sounded harsh .  :)  That said , there is another crop duster( I think a zlin ) with a longer snout that I find more rugged in appearance - wish KP would kit that . 

• Like 1

The only long nosed Zlin I'm aware of is the Z-37T some of which operated here in NZ, I've seen one dusting in the hills while on a trip through inland Otago & spectacular it was too. One thing that attracts me to the radial Z-37 is it looks like a radial engined Auster Agricola, several of which operated here years back & the sole survivor still resides in the country.

Steve.

• Like 1

A bit more info from Mr. Šulc's post at modelforum.cz (translated  from his post in Czech):

"It will be released and manufactured by Eduard. We took over (bought) the design from another company, which had put the project on hold when Mr. Muzikant crossed his path with them with his one. The design was good and after small adjustments -- such as changes in the engraving technology -- the progress should be quite fast.

If everything goes well, it should be available for the first time as an "entry ticket kit" for the modellers participating at next year's ModelBrno. If not, it will be at Eday."

Edited by JBr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting indeed. I wonder who Eduard bought the design from.

I bought the KP kit not long ago. While the shapes look good, I was rather surprised by the lack of molding finesse in places and how many blanks were left for aftermarket or scratchbuilders to fill in.

With the kind of fine moldings typical of Eduard kits, it will be very interesting to see how theirs and the KP kit compare.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/08/2018 at 22:00, JBr said:

A bit more info from Mr. Šulc's post at modelforum.cz (translated  from his post in Czech):

"It will be released and manufactured by Eduard. We took over (bought) the design from another company, which had put the project on hold when Mr. Muzikant crossed his path with them with his one. The design was good and after small adjustments -- such as changes in the engraving technology -- the progress should be quite fast.

If everything goes well, it should be available for the first time as an "entry ticket kit" for the modellers participating at next year's ModelBrno. If not, it will be at Eday."

Another Czech battle! AZ versus Eduard this time :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/3856414524373466

The agriculture legend – Z-37 Cmelak in 1/72 scale by Eduard will be released as Limited Edition kit in October 2020. First release of this brand new Eduard design covers the most common Z-37A variant.

This post is focused on the box design made by Jan Zdiarsky, based on sole airplane artwork by Piotr Forkasiewicz.

Limited edition kit of Czechoslovak agricultural aircraft Z-37A Cmelak (Bumblebee) in 1/72 scale. Focused on machines from Czechoslovak, Czech and Slovak service.

- plastic parts: Eduard

- marking options: 12

- decals: Eduard

- PE parts: yes, pre-painted

- painting mask: yes

- resin parts: yes, pilot figure

On the box are not displayed all markings included in the kit. A separate gallery showing complete marking options will be posted late today.

119991613-3856405451041040-3136657417063

V.P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hyperscale in box review: http://www.hyperscale.com/2020/reviews/kits/eduard2131reviewjm_1.htm

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/3903880209626897

Eduard Model Accessories

added 11 new photos to the album: Z-37A Cmelak in 1/72 scale by Robert Szwarc.

Z-37 Cmelak in 1/72 scale by Robert Szwarc.

October Limited Edition Servus chlapci, cat. No. 2131.

Used marking:

OK-DKU

Z-37A s/n 19-27 was produced in 1973 and registered on April 18th, 1975 for Slov-Air Division 02 in Prague. It was owned by Air Special from February 27th, 1992 and sold to Jas Air CZ Ltd. on June 30th, 2008. Overhaul and repaint was conducted in 2010 at Hosin Airfield. OK-DKU was flown with bright blue auxiliary fuel tanks, later with silver units adorned with sharkmouths.

Limited edition kit of Czechoslovak agricultural aircraft Z-37A Cmelak (Bumblebee) in 1/72 scale. Focused on machines from Czechoslovak, Czech and Slovak service.

- plastic parts: Eduard

- marking options: 12

- decals: Eduard

- PE parts: yes, pre-painted

- painting mask: yes

- resin parts: yes, pilot figure

www.eduard.com/eduard/servus-chlapci-1-72.html

120763810-3903879162960335-2182772692858

V.P.
Edited by Homebee

Just about to get one of these and would like to do the one with the tiger down the fuselage. However I can't seem to find a photo of it anywhere? Did it actually exist or is just a bit of artistic licence? Thanks.

4 hours ago, keithjs said:

Just about to get one of these and would like to do the one with the tiger down the fuselage. However I can't seem to find a photo of it anywhere? Did it actually exist or is just a bit of artistic licence? Thanks.

Tyger existed and in two forms ...

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135238&p=2355277#p2355277.

Edited by harvy5