Hasegawa Typhoon Mk.IB

Steve you are always welcome on my threads. I have managed to fix the canons now. You are right about the Canon design. I have wrapped them in masking tape now so I shouldn't have that problem again. I will need to sort out the paint work and most likely loose my modulation effect. I will have a go at post shading etc to fix it. I'm away for two days so not much will happen. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Progress at last on this project. I have put all the decals on without any issues. The Red Roo decals went on very easily. 

I'm off to give it it's clear coat now so I can oil it all up and do the panel lines. 

typhoon image 8

• Like 4

You are doing a wonderful job on your Typhoon build, and I really like your choice of scheme, as it really looks different from the usual  dark green/ocean grey/medium sea grey we see most of the time! 👍

Mike

• Thanks 1

Good to hear that the Red Roo decals were trouble free, and I must say that they look very nice. Do you really feel the need to so the panel lines? I think the top side looks terrific as is, and no line enhancement needed.

I think generally you are right now I look at it. The Black base seems to be showing thought the panel lines. some on the fuselage might need it. It will be a brown colour anyway.

I don't like dark panel lines these days. 

• 1 month later...

The Desert Typhoon is completed at last. It has turned out rougher than I would like. The canopy didn't go on a neat as I would have liked, The metal gun install didn't help the wings.

The overall finish is supposed to reflect the desert environment it was based in, giving it a dusty sun bleached look. With sand wear on the wing leading edge and tail. 

I noticed that there is very little exhaust staining on these planes. Hence the way I dealt with it. 

These are just a few quick images. I will do proper ones for ready for inspection. It has been a long build and I must admit to being disappointed in the final result.

Typhoon 12

Typhoon 11

Typhoon 10

• Like 7

Nice work Greg - she's a fine looking beast and I love her in these colours - Sorry to hear you're not overly happy with the end result but it's a decent representation and worse case, will just give you motivation to make the next one better - it looks like it was a horrible kit so I think you did very well to get such a nice model out of it :) Well done!

• Thanks 1

Hello Greg !

Nice Typhoon, you did great with this not so good Hasegawa kit !

Mine has received its fair amount of putty too !!

Nice paint scheme, I'll try one if I find another car doorTyphoon !

Congrats Man !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1