Les Manchots SV-4c

🇧🇪Belgian Air Force Stampe SV.4c, V18 of Les Manchots ( The Penguins) display team. I saw the for the first time at Biggin Hill Air Fair May12th 1967!!!! And it was a bit rainy at the time!!

A recent finisher that was on my bench in between other builds. Azur / Frrom kit 1/72nd.  Rigged with the stretchy stuff from Aeroclub, Black stripe decal to inside of canopy and white decal stripe to the outside of the cockpit cover.   I nearly forgot to mention. it went for a very short flight across my tiny shed because I just could not get the top wing to stay on the struts despite leaving said struts to set!!! Lost any will in continuing with it  and left it for a day or two. Then that light bulb moment happened and I dug out my brass 'Strutz' and found the closest to suit the strut size and used that and the top wing stayed put!!! Fine brass wire for the cabane struts worked wonders too. So with that success, I persevered ending with the result shown here.

jjbtoU.jpg

TzFU3A.jpg

The cross wires between the fuselage to wing struts are actually the finest steel wire I have. I think some kind of florists wire.
hHrQJr.jpg

R4EnRI.jpg

YS0PAx.jpg

kh3Z86.jpg

I need to repair the digit '1' on this port side.... the decal went wobbly... very tricky and nerve racking to use. Not to be done when under the influence!!:doh:
b3fzVr.jpg

1f2gXN.jpg

j4NDh2.jpg

Xv0KZm.jpg

I had a wobbly moment with the port wing  serial too. but could and will be fixed.

I have a nother to build but will have the twin seat enclosed canopy and serial changed to V28, its team mate  but need to find the right style digit in decals.

Enjoy.

• Like 18