Trailer with loaded steel coil

That is breathtakingly realistic.    If there were no clues in the setting it could be mistaken for the real thing.    I think I'm always saying that about your work ... I must come up with a new compliment!

Bravo.

Frank

38 minutes ago, albergman said:

That is breathtakingly realistic.    If there were no clues in the setting it could be mistaken for the real thing.    I think I'm always saying that about your work ... I must come up with a new compliment!

Bravo.

Frank

Haha! It's all good Frank. Glad you like it. 

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Yes, you've done it again. What a beauty!

Thanks Pete. 

• Like 1

Thats a great looking drag trailer.

It does look exactly like the real thing, I particularly like the 'flaky' edging on the flat top.

I am really into my 60's British lorries, ( got two cabinets full of BRS diecast resprays made up from Corgi) but you just dont see any producers of such in any large scale.

Top marks for yours . . . .

1 hour ago, Mancunian airman said:

Thats a great looking drag trailer.

It does look exactly like the real thing, I particularly like the 'flaky' edging on the flat top.

I am really into my 60's British lorries, ( got two cabinets full of BRS diecast resprays made up from Corgi) but you just dont see any producers of such in any large scale.

Top marks for yours . . . .

Thank you for your observation. 

That's amazingly realistic. The only thing that spoils the illusion are the round links on the tie-down chains - ideally they'd be oblongs, on the chains as well as the master rings (the yellow ones).

Superbly done!

1 hour ago, Rob G said:

That's amazingly realistic. The only thing that spoils the illusion are the round links on the tie-down chains - ideally they'd be oblongs, on the chains as well as the master rings (the yellow ones).

Superbly done!

Thank you Rob. 

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

That is scary good, in a previous incarnation, I delivered loads like that to the local roofing contractor. Your model captures the real thing to a Tee. 

Steve.

Thank you Steve. Good to hear some reassurance about the load. 

4 minutes ago, cherry268 said:

That is a fantastic model

Can't wait to see what pulls it

Thanks Cherry. I am still undecided about what will pull it, if there is going to be one. We shall see. 

"Thanks Cherry. I am still undecided about what will pull it, if there is going to be one. We shall see."

Only one Swedish truck stands out in my mind - Volvo F88

There, your minds made up😁

51 minutes ago, cherry268 said:

"Thanks Cherry. I am still undecided about what will pull it, if there is going to be one. We shall see."

Only one Swedish truck stands out in my mind - Volvo F88

There, your minds made up😁

They are hard to find, unless there is a resin transkit conversion but that is a whole other build. I already have the tractor. It is the one that comes with the Italeri combo, the 142m flatbed kit, whick I have modified. 

https://www.google.se/search?q=142m+Italeri+kit&oq=142m+Italeri+kit&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.8011j0j7&client=ms-android-huawei&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=_

• Like 1

This deserves another look and a few more observations.    First off, I know nothing about trucks and even less about foreign trucks/lorries ... I'm Canadian.

I can only assume you were replicating an actual vehicle?    If not, then your knowledge of wear and tear and attention to detail is admirable.

Things I like ... (forgive me if I use the wrong terms ... see above).

That bent lower step on the bulkhead

The way you replicated rusted sheet metal/welds along the trailing edge of the flat bed.

The so-o-o correct looking discoloured paint everywhere

The 2 rims of different colours on the port side ... don't know if you did the same on starboard (I'm also a sailor).

The perfect wear and tear on that yellowed tensioner (starboard at the bow!)

The perfectly rusted panel on that black box (port side mid-ships)

and, well, everything else!!

Love it.

Frank

Edit ... almost forgot ... the dust lying correctly in all the corners

and what looks like a slice into the sidewall of the furthest forward tire on the left side.

Probably more but I don't want it to go to your head!

Edited by albergman

On 8/1/2018 at 3:38 PM, cherry268 said:

KFS do one, not cheap though

Oh well, I am happy with admiring a Scania

Maybe next time. ;)

8 hours ago, spaddad said:

orsum

I take it you mean 'Awesome'?

4 hours ago, albergman said:

This deserves another look and a few more observations.    First off, I know nothing about trucks and even less about foreign trucks/lorries ... I'm Canadian.

I can only assume you were replicating an actual vehicle?    If not, then your knowledge of wear and tear and attention to detail is admirable.

Things I like ... (forgive me if I use the wrong terms ... see above).

That bent lower step on the bulkhead

The way you replicated rusted sheet metal/welds along the trailing edge of the flat bed.

The so-o-o correct looking discoloured paint everywhere

The 2 rims of different colours on the port side ... don't know if you did the same on starboard (I'm also a sailor).

The perfect wear and tear on that yellowed tensioner (starboard at the bow!)

The perfectly rusted panel on that black box (port side mid-ships)

and, well, everything else!!

Love it.

Frank

Edit ... almost forgot ... the dust lying correctly in all the corners

and what looks like a slice into the sidewall of the furthest forward tire on the left side.

Probably more but I don't want it to go to your head!

Frank, thank you so much for all those careful observation you have noted. I like when people notice these things. The time you took to note these little details, makes me appreciate the hobby even more. Thank you again. I am no truck driver, but I am very interested in big rigs. So I do a lot of research, simply by looking at thousand of photos of the real thing. I have collected so many I can start my own truck library. :)

15 hours ago, tiking said:

Frank, thank you so much for all those careful observation you have noted. I like when people notice these things. The time you took to note these little details, makes me appreciate the hobby even more. Thank you again. I am no truck driver, but I am very interested in big rigs. So I do a lot of research, simply by looking at thousand of photos of the real thing. I have collected so many I can start my own truck library. :)

Glad to comment.   I think we owe it to each other to pore over the love and attention-to-detail that goes into a model.   

There was no mention of whether this is a scratch build project but I believe that's what you do.   I know what you mean about collecting so many pictures and drawing from them.   So ... is this trailer a replica of something real or a fusion of lots of interesting bits and pieces from various pictures?    If so, what a liberating idea ... no right or wrong about the details.

2 hours ago, albergman said:

Glad to comment.   I think we owe it to each other to pore over the love and attention-to-detail that goes into a model.   

There was no mention of whether this is a scratch build project but I believe that's what you do.   I know what you mean about collecting so many pictures and drawing from them.   So ... is this trailer a replica of something real or a fusion of lots of interesting bits and pieces from various pictures?    If so, what a liberating idea ... no right or wrong about the details.

Thank you again. This is a concoction of a collection of Cardi trailers that I managed to put together. But, basically one trailer gave me the most inspiration to put together this modification and a some scratch building, to bring forth this model.

1 hour ago, ejboyd5 said:

Let's not overlook the tread on the left front tyre.  Subperb job.

Thank you kindly. much appreciated.