1/48 - McDD F/A-18C Hornet RAAF by HobbyBoss - released

Homebee

Timing is a bit odd as a fair few RAAF legacy Hornets are off to Canada over the next year or two, Looks a nice kit though.

• Like 1

Only a re-release....

Apart from the vertical stabs I do not expect any difference between A and C models.... all the other differences are more subtle and version/time/operator specific.... cockpit, antennae, armament, etc...

Doubt that those will be cared for here!

If I remember correctly, o ly the intakes are a bit mishappen... the rest of the kit is nicem if not state of the art though!

Edited by exdraken

6 hours ago, Paul J said:

Timing is a bit odd as a fair few RAAF legacy Hornets are off to Canada over the next year or two, Looks a nice kit though.

The RAAF Classic Hornet fleet will soldier on for quite a few more years Paul, THose airframes won't be going to Canada for quite some time, as it is only 20 odd are being sold. That leaves another 50 to be replaced by F-35s over the coming decade.

Anyway, you can't have too many RAAF Hornet options, I just hope they get the colours right in the decal sheet for whichever squadrons they choose. Kinetic dropped the ball totally on their release

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...