Airfix Wellington Mk.Ic.

Here's a few shots of my latest project, namely the new Arifix Wellington. Pretty much straight from the box and a thoroughly enjoyable build particularly with regard to fit and interior detail which I decided to add in it's entirety considering you can't see very much when its all finished, but you know the old saying by now...at least I know its there.. A nice touch on the instructions show you which parts you can leave out should you so desire.

The only extras I put in to it were a few generic seatbelts and the decals are from a fairly old Xtradecal sheet, X05472 Bomber Command Pt.1. Roll on the next one...

Thanks for looking.

41939447120_d73a84cb57_b.jpgIMG_0043

41939442980_05c382389d_b.jpgIMG_0044

29876835308_3fc855604c_b.jpgIMG_0045

29876848918_5153212d5e_b.jpgIMG_0046

• Like 47

Lovely job,..... nice kit isn`t it,..... I`m just putting the finishing touches to my second one! Well done with yours and I like the subject matter too,

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1

Lovely model. That is a 37 squadron plane. Just to add a bit of reality to it. I have been reading my friends diary the last few days in preparation for the kits arrival. He mentions having a few flights in the Wellington 'O' when he first arrived in the desert. It could be that plane. 

Top stuff!  This new kit has been earning a lot of kudos lately - might have to consider buying one.

If it were to turn our anywhere near as good as yours it would be worth it.

Yep.... My Wellington arrived today It will be a 37 squadron plane as well. 

This is 'B' for Bertie towards the end of 1942. It ran off the runway with a full bomb load. It had done many raids against Rommel by this time. 

Been hunted by Ju 88 nightfighter. It was a lucky plane until the end.

This is a personal photo of a family friend that was the radio operator. He did fly in 'O' a couple of times as a passager.

The serial number is DV560. I worked that out by using his flight log and diary. 

B for bertie

• Like 1