Grumman Goose

kev67

I am building the Rareplanes 1/72 Grumman Goose, does anyone know what the interior colours are for the RAF version, I only have some black and white photos but nothing showing what the colours really were

23 minutes ago, JWM said:

Posting of photos from Airliners.com is against forum rules, as A.com litigate. Please change image to a link in this instance. :nono:

8 hours ago, JWM said:

Some suggestions

Those look to me to be aircraft still in service on the civilian market and would probably have little to do with how they were finished before and during the war.  A black instrument panel is probably correct and by the time production was taken over for military use, the interior green or other similar colors that Grumman was using would be appropriate.  Pre-war everything was mostly for the civilian market so the interior could be a myriad of colors depending on what the future owner wanted, just like when you go to buy a new car today.

Later,

Dave

9 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Posting of photos from Airliners.com is against forum rules, as A.com litigate. Please change image to a link in this instance. :nono:

OK, sorry, I removed them. 

1 hour ago, e8n2 said:

Those look to me to be aircraft still in service on the civilian market and would probably have little to do with how they were finished before and during the war.  A black instrument panel is probably correct and by the time production was taken over for military use, the interior green or other similar colors that Grumman was using would be appropriate.  Pre-war everything was mostly for the civilian market so the interior could be a myriad of colors depending on what the future owner wanted, just like when you go to buy a new car today.

I agree that insides made in white leather surely are not in any relation to original insides (one can find such in net, but I did not post them). If photos I copy-paste are prohibited I left just one figure which I think is close to original colours and which I will do when I do Goose

Cheers

J-W

I have built the smaller Grumman Gosling.

I found an interesting article on IPMS Stockholm: "Interior colours of US Aircraft 1941-1945".

As il was built by Grumman I thought that the dark bronze green or interior green were  two suitable alternatives.

As interior green was at hand I used it, thinking that for a late production aircraft this was the better choice.

Kind regards,

Paolo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Thanks, these photos I have but don't really indicate the colours, it maybe a case of just using artistic license