Bristol 148 - Interior colour?

dalea

I have acquired the Magna Bristol 148. Information appears thin on the ground. First question:- what's the interior colour(s)? Is it too early to be in interior grey-green? Considering its prototype status was it ever painted? Is overall NMF appropriate? 

TBH, I do not think we will ever find out for sure. My 146 was finished in Grey-Green as I understand a version of it was in use at the time. Cannot see much through the canopy anyway. The interior of the 146 looks a bit generic to me as I am not sure there is much surviving info and I cannot see it being much different for the 148. The exterior colour looks to be aluminium paint as used on most mid thirties RAF aircraft. Have fun with it, Magna kits can be challenging, especially the white metal, but often scrub up quite nicely. The resin is thick enough to survive some abuse. 

Thanks, Mr T, Mirrors my own thoughts. I thought it might be too early for Grey-Green but since I've thought about Harrows and Heyfords (and Gladiators)  probably not.  Overall boring old silver is too much, anyway. Haven't really looked at the metal yet. Forthcoming SAC Harvard undercarriage might do. Since the 148 lost out to the Lysander, if it wasn't for Wackett's preference for the NA-16 it might have been the RAAF's choice instead of the Wirraway. And the Japanese Consulate was trying to sell us on Mitsubishi Ki-30s (or KI- 32s or Ki-51s ,,,) Ooh, nurse, I can feel a what-if moment coming on.

• Haha 1