Raspberry Ripple Jetstream

Amodel Jetstream 31 with radome, engines and propellers from the old Magna Jetstream T2. Home made DERA decals.

resized_6f859f66-2b5d-4d02-aad8-0b7bea57

resized_21c9fa68-9c07-442d-a44c-81832018

resized_47621d4e-54bb-47bc-86c2-2fc8d087

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 47

Nice build, glad you found a use for the Magna radome, probably about the best part of the kit, which I am currently persevering with. 

Thanks.

On 29/07/2018 at 18:55, Dave Fleming said:

Wonderful! How did you do the decals? I quite fancy doing this in all three markings options (DTEO and original DERA)

I did the artwork in CorelDraw which I've been using for about 25 years so have got used to it's way of doing things. It's an expensive bit of software so an alternative such as Inkscape, which is free, is a good alternative, but any vector based graphics software would do the job. The only other things you need are time, patience, inkjet decal paper, an inkjet printer and a clear lacquer to spray on to seal the ink against the water. I can send you a file to print at home if you've got the paper and a printer - so you'd want the scheme I've done and this one - what's the third scheme? PM me if this would help and I can add the other artwork on for you.

14 hours ago, Mr T said:

Nice build, glad you found a use for the Magna radome, probably about the best part of the kit, which I am currently persevering with. 

I'd had the Magna Jetstream for a long time ready to do this and when I looked at it again it was really badly warped so I used the useful parts on the Amodel Jetstream 31 as it was before they released the T1/T2 versions. I have previously built a couple of Magna Jetstreams and they went together easily enough but each kit is going to vary being resin.

Cheers.

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve, 

My Jetstream has been not bad, apart from the wings, which were warped and the nose which was way oversize. Air bubbles have been the most persistent problem, which I have found to be a bit hit or miss with Magna kits. Getting there, but progress has not been what I would have liked due to poorly elderly mum, which is just part of life. 

9 hours ago, Mr T said:

Hi Steve, 

My Jetstream has been not bad, apart from the wings, which were warped and the nose which was way oversize. Air bubbles have been the most persistent problem, which I have found to be a bit hit or miss with Magna kits. Getting there, but progress has not been what I would have liked due to poorly elderly mum, which is just part of life. 

Sounds like most Magna kits I've ever looked at. As much as I enjoy modelling, real life has to take priority for the important things and looking after your mum is definitely one of those. I hope you can get back to the Jetstream when the time is right.

9 hours ago, F-32 said:

Superb work

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, you are so right about real life, for years modelling was a very low level activity after work and family which have to come first, but now I am glad I have a hobby as so far this year has been a bit stressful with my mum, just had a phone call from my brother as she might be getting a chest infection, keeping my fingers crossed. 

Superb result. I've yet to turn my hand to a Military Transport/Civil type of aircraft since returning to the hobby with a vengeance in recent years, this is making me look at adding another 'project' into the ever growing stash!

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

Thanks Steve, you are so right about real life, for years modelling was a very low level activity after work and family which have to come first, but now I am glad I have a hobby as so far this year has been a bit stressful with my mum, just had a phone call from my brother as she might be getting a chest infection, keeping my fingers crossed. 

know what you mean, if it's not your kids (and grandkids) giving you cause for concern, it's your parents turn!

:goodjob:

Davey

• Like 1

Thanks again for the kind comments.

On 01/08/2018 at 09:15, Mr T said:

We all need something as an escape from the stresses of real life and modelling has always helped me to get through things. I hope your mum is on the mend.

On 01/08/2018 at 10:29, DaveyGair said:

Superb result. I've yet to turn my hand to a Military Transport/Civil type of aircraft since returning to the hobby with a vengeance in recent years, this is making me look at adding another 'project' into the ever growing stash!

know what you mean, if it's not your kids (and grandkids) giving you cause for concern, it's your parents turn!

:goodjob:

Davey

Sorry to encourage you to increase the stash! There are a lot of types that cross-over the civil/military divide with some very attractive colour schemes.

There's always something that gets in the way of good modelling time!

Steve

Mum is seems better today, which is a big relief and thanks for the thoughts. My Jetstream is making progress and should be be an update on the Work in Progress beginning of next week