Monarch Airbus part 1

looks awesome. Gibraltar airport is quite quiet these days without its daily 2 arrivals bearing the Monarch logo at the stands, taking the daily count from 6 flights down to just 4 - the staff there still believe themselves to be overworked and busy though !

Its a shame that Monarch did not survive - their fleet always looked so smart in the latest livery, so its great to see this memory so nicely reproduced in 1/144

I hate A321s, they climb like a brick and are a pain in the a***! That said, yours is beautifully done and does look rather fetching in the Monarch scheme.

Cheers.

22 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Lovely! How did you find the Zvezda kit Steve?

Cheers,

Ian

Very nice kit, it has the option of deployed or retracted flaps/slats, which is nice touch. Fits really well.

7 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

looks awesome. Gibraltar airport is quite quiet these days without its daily 2 arrivals bearing the Monarch logo at the stands, taking the daily count from 6 flights down to just 4 - the staff there still believe themselves to be overworked and busy though !

Its a shame that Monarch did not survive - their fleet always looked so smart in the latest livery, so its great to see this memory so nicely reproduced in 1/144

I'd like to go to Gibraltar, nice mix of British and Spanish as well as the history side of things. I didn't know the airport was that quiet though, the poor staff must be worn out every day!

Monarch did well to last as long as they did and for me have just always been around, I've seen a lot of different types with an 'M' on the tail over the years

1 hour ago, rafalbert said:

I hate A321s, they climb like a brick and are a pain in the a***! That said, yours is beautifully done and does look rather fetching in the Monarch scheme.

We noticed the difference on take-off between the 321 and 320, which climbed like a rocket. The 321 seemed smoother in the air though.

Thanks.

Steve

Lovely models Steve, well done and thanks for sharing.

I always build my models in "gate" configuration and the separate flaps put me off the Zvezda A321. You've made an excellent job of building them retracted.  Are there any particular issues to look out for if I ever want to do the same?

Dave G

Thanks.

Just make sure you read the instructions very carefully, whilst looking at the parts, as there are a few areas that are a bit unclear. Test fit the flaps/slats before gluing them as well as it's easy to get the wrong part which won't fit at all - guess how I know......

Steve

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BritJet said:

Cheers.

Very nice kit, it has the option of deployed or retracted flaps/slats, which is nice touch. Fits really well.

I'd like to go to Gibraltar, nice mix of British and Spanish as well as the history side of things. I didn't know the airport was that quiet though, the poor staff must be worn out every day!

Monarch did well to last as long as they did and for me have just always been around, I've seen a lot of different types with an 'M' on the tail over the years

We noticed the difference on take-off between the 321 and 320, which climbed like a rocket. The 321 seemed smoother in the air though.

Thanks.

Steve

my Company is in Gib so I spent a lot of my life dashing between the UK and the Rock - the only good thing about Monarch no longer serving the Rock is that I don't have to travel out of Luton any longer when all the other flights were booked up. Gib is very recommended - its our own Little Britain that got left behind in around 1987 and then ignored the rest of the world until around 2015 when the country sprang back to life and is now almost as busy as hong Kong in terms of property growth and land expansion. The monkeys nicked my Oakley sunglasses last year on one of the rare occasions I bother going up the Rock. The only airframes that arrive and leave Gib now are A318,319 and 320's - you just need to choose your choice of tail fin livery (unless you are lucky enough to be in the RAF and fly your own typhoon down there !

I reckon Gibraltar is going on the to-do list, the monkeys will have to be watched very carefully though! It will likely be on an Airbus though as I don't think the RAF will let me use a Typhoon though 😒

Steve