G-ARCX was used by Ferranti for radar tests, ex WM261 withdrawn from use in February 1969 after less than 350 hours flying and now preserved at the Museum of Flight, East Fortune, Scotland. This is the old Matchbox Meteor NF14 with home made decals. Pretty much out of the box otherwise with all the filler this kit needs as an added extra!

resized_2640f739-e3af-40b7-ad3b-5533bff1

resized_b004cfeb-5707-4be3-b1f8-75e4fe95

resized_f9c0009f-7c01-45c3-bb0e-21f7952f

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 28

That's another unusual and attractive looking Meatbox.  Great work on knocking this old kit in to shape.  I'm glad the real thing has faired better than your other recent post, the one that was lost on the way to Biafra.

Thanks for the kind comments, it is an old kit and has a few fit issues, but I've built 9 of them now so know what to expect.

Steve

Cheers

12 hours ago, John R said:

Nice job and thanks for bringing it to our attention. I had not heard of this one. Did it appear in any publication?

John

It seems to get overlooked but I seem to remember a photo in an old Air Pictorial from the 60s, but there are lots of online photos of it since being preserved.

12 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Is that the Meteor that's on display at East Fortune? I think I saw it the on Saturday.

Yes, that's the one.

Steve

• Like 1