Tamiya WESPE Sd.Kfz.124 -First blog build COMPLETE

Afternoon all......been a couple of weeks since I've been on the forum,sorry for not keeping up with the build treads....will catch up this week -  but in that time in between the crazy days; I got this first one finally finished.......only 10 months:yahoo:

Been a nice kit to work on, but have learnt much along the way and brought old skills back up to speed. I've learnt not to go for Masterclub tracks again, nothing but issues...:wall:, but got them to work in the end. Some extra stowage curtesy of my buddy Rob, cheers for that.....:clap2:...so here she is, wish I had a better camera than the phone one; but it'll have to do for now.

C11DHcm.jpg

Of7OrO0.jpg

hIuFSz2.jpg

k2JGTlP.jpg

sh5DTfP.jpg

KneaDwE.jpg

zq3wK8K.jpg

qkRfXot.jpg

3FBFbZq.jpg

WHsYwIi.jpg

oNobJRr.jpg

C6i6SdM.jpg

7WqcqbX.jpg

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 47
  • Thanks 5

Absolutely fantastic !, I love the final work, all aspects worked look great, honestly, and that the Wespe is not one of my favorite vehicles, but I would love to have this on my shelf ...:goodjob:

Cheers Reddcoat2966 :thumbsup2:

• Thanks 1

That really is very, very impressive. Superb painting, weathering and finishing. Brilliant! Very well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Absolutely fantastic !, I love the final work, all aspects worked look great, honestly, and that the Wespe is not one of my favorite vehicles, but I would love to have this on my shelf ...:goodjob:

Cheers Reddcoat2966 :thumbsup2:

Thanks again Francis.......open topped assault gun's were dropping off mine during this build due to the staged build -inside first,  then exterior. Then I looked at my stash and realised I have 4 more......:wall:.......I might plan on the Hornise next year, have to see how the build backlog moves on...

Thanks again

1 hour ago, clive_t said:

Brilliant, Simon. The WIP thread was great reading, well done.

Cheers Clive, I'm really glad you tagged along mate, really.....thanks for your comments along the way......:yes:

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

That really is very, very impressive. Superb painting, weathering and finishing. Brilliant! Very well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix.....took longer than I thought...and learnt a hell of a lot on the new wash's and filters.....which was fun.....thanks again..

28 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nice build,

Thanks Ozzy, just got to find somewhere to put it now so it don't get dusty. Might go a for an acrylic case..........don;t want anyone touching either.......you know how "non" modellers think they can touch......:nono:

Thanks again gang.....:)

Regards

Simon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hewy said:

Really well finished, its all balanced nicely, great job

3 hours ago, mick said:

excellent work

59 minutes ago, Jim Wasley said:

One fantastic build,not an item or scratch out of place,looks as good as the real deal if not better.Cheers.

Thanks Gent's, appreciate you taking a look and the positive comments. I have notices a couple of things to fix before final matt finish. I certainly learnt a lot in building open toped AFV's.......like never touch the outside, but finish completely the interior. I wasn't able to apply the weld lines for instance on the rear of the walls of the fighting compartment....you live and learn. When I start the Hornise, the learning curve on this will come in very handy......

Cheers

Simon.

• Like 3

Superb! Watched this progress through the wip and you've produced a masterpiece.

The attention to detail in my mind is what makes it stand out. Everything gels and looks as if it belongs, even the smallest of details, everything has a uniform finish therefore its all tied together, nothing looks randomly thrown at it or jarrs.

Great work, looking forward to your next one.

(Unfortunately after seeing this and looking at my bench I might have to sell off the stash and take up knitting instead!)

Cheers Darryl 

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2018 at 7:52 AM, Jasper dog said:

Superb! Watched this progress through the wip and you've produced a masterpiece.

The attention to detail in my mind is what makes it stand out. Everything gels and looks as if it belongs, even the smallest of details, everything has a uniform finish therefore its all tied together, nothing looks randomly thrown at it or jarrs.

Great work, looking forward to your next one.

(Unfortunately after seeing this and looking at my bench I might have to sell off the stash and take up knitting instead!)

Cheers Darryl 

Thank you Daryl......:yes:

I still have to touch up a few things that have come to light in the photo's....then it's final matt coat. Took me some time to decide where to put everything. I tried to imagine living and using the vehicle myself and where I would stuff my kit and things.......stowage is an area I have to practice some more and also build up a stockpile of some sorts for future builds. I was recentlywatching a vid on making your own, so that my be a project for the future.

Thanks again

All the best

Simon.

Oh....and P.S.....don;t be going to any craft store for your ball's of wool...stick to plastic; you do just fine projects.....

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 1

Absolutely fantastic. I had lost track of the build log, so I will have to go back at some point and see where the magic happened. This is easily the best 1/35 Wespe I have seen on the internet, the extra details like the wire around the fighting compartment really make it unique.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, robgizlu said:

I Like that a Lot!  Some really nice weathering and textures going on there.

Lovely model

Rob

20 hours ago, Sairou said:

Absolutely fantastic. I had lost track of the build log, so I will have to go back at some point and see where the magic happened. This is easily the best 1/35 Wespe I have seen on the internet, the extra details like the wire around the fighting compartment really make it unique.

Many thanks to both of you for your kind comments, really appreciate you popping in to take a look.

Just a couple of finishing touches and done. Just get a plexiglass case for it that I might do a base with a cobbled street and some undergrowth, grass etc. I’ll probab over time add extra stowage that suits as I pick stuff up.

Thanks again👍

Simon

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Carius said:

Top job Simon. Fantastic build and finish.

14 hours ago, Steve_farrier said:

:clap2: that’s beautiful! ♥️♥️♥️

Cheers guys, appreciate you taking a look and the thumbs up. 

I’ve decided my next planned project is the Tamiya Centaur. Just waiting for it to land. 🤓

thanks again 👍

Simon

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Superb build with all the details and the effective weathering very convincing.

Many thanks Bern.......much appreciated. I'll put all my open top AFV's to the back of my stash pile after this one for a bit......:laugh:

Thanks again

Regards

Simon.

• Like 1