B25J Mitchell

Well it’s amazing what a difference a coat of Mr Halford’s finest primer can make:

89_FB0_E0_D-_F00_C-4229-9_C33-263_E6_EB2

All the filling seems to have come up well, just a couple of tiny glitches on the trailing edge to fix. I did some last minute filling late last night behind the cockpit with a fresh tube of Perfect Plastic Putty, and I have to say I’m even more impressed with it now than the previous version! It smells different, so I guess the formula has been tweaked. So I’m going to do a tiny amount of scribing: doors and hatches, gills, maybe a couple of major panel lines; then on to paint with AK metallic paste. Feeling rather happier about the project now!

Thanks for looking,

Adrian 

• Like 10

Just to let you know that the Build From Hell hasn’t ended yet...

D2712_AE6-5_B10-45_C3-_B7_DD-5_BED16_B71

When I unmasked the canopies they were  almost matt - I’ve since given them a coat of Future. Not sure what caused that reaction. I couldn’t clean off the residue! I tried  AK True Metal on the body. It wasn’t going to give me a nice finish so I stripped it (Mr Halford’s grey primer is tough stuff!) and re did everything in Humbrol Metalcote spray polished aluminium, which polishes up a treat. Revell silver has repaired a lot of boo-boos, and I’m working through my finish list. Have to take my daughter back to college in Holland tomorrow so I will be out of action for a few days.

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 10

Well I think I’m on the home straight:

8_B65842_F-_EDFE-49_E0-992_C-1156769_A20

I have drawn on some representative panel lines with a pencil to break up the finish a bit, and applied all six(!) transfers, which went down really nicely with a bit of Decalfix.

So I have some more armament, cockpit windows and a couple of bits and bobs to add, then I can gloss and weather it a bit, stick the wings on and call it done!

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 10

2 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

And landing lights:

Wine bottle foil dished over a paintbrush end with clear Sellotape cover.

This must rate as a Top Tip surely! Landing and Navigation lights is an area I would like to get better in. Looking excellent, Adrian. Cheers. Mike.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ventora3300 said:

This must rate as a Top Tip surely! Landing and Navigation lights is an area I would like to get better in. Looking excellent, Adrian. Cheers. Mike.

Absolutely genius Tip and going to try that!

Kit looks great Adrian, well done on sticking with it :clap2:

Dermot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments about the NMF! It's going to get another week of thorough drying before I get to finish it because I'm away from tomorrow until Friday. I will be flying and waiting for 16 hours tomorrow and working on equipment setup on Sunday :(

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

Good Gwad!!!! 

That cant be that awful rivet clad Airfix Mitchell from circa 1965?  

How on earth did you manage that? 

This is is exceptionally nice Adrian and it’s (yet another) fine example of what can be done with some of these obsolete kits. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well in between napping, attending car auctions (long story) and talking to my family, I got this:

3_D2_D9_F93-141_D-46_A4-820_F-_BB7467_F2

I am most definitely calling it done! I’m happier with it than at any point during the build, but it’s more a case of “quit while you’re ahead” rather than “that turned out nice”. I will take some pics in daylight...

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 15

I still cannot believe you got this result from 'that' kit! Wonderful stuff.

The quit while your ahead policy is something I tend to adopt when it comes to weathering.

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A great result after all the trials and tribulations with this kit.

I built this many times when I were a nipper, but always with the glass nose, but looking at this I think I made the wrong choice!

Nice work,

Ray

• Thanks 1