B25J Mitchell

Fantastic result Adrian and your build has brought out all the distinctive features I associate with the Airfix Mitchell - big engines, a barrel load of machine guns and a superb NMF. Well modelled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for the positive responses! I think it only came together when I added the anti-dazzle patch in front of the cockpit. The chipping effect started out as accidental - I was drawing on the reloading hatch outline with a pencil and it scratched through back to the future'd metal! The wash is a mix of dark grey and brown acrylics with flow improver, sploshed on and wiped off almost immediately - if you leave acrylic wash on for any length of time, it dries and leaves tidemarks. I noticed last night that I have some retarder as well, so I might try that next time.

7 hours ago, TonyW said:

The canopy framing is the icing on the cake

I don't know what happened to the canopy. It wasn't great but I had polished out the ejector pin mark, dipped it in Future and left it a day before masking, so it was pretty clear as shown in post 24. When I removed the tape on both canopies, they had both gone matt and frosty on the outside. They had a coat of primer, followed by some AK metal paste, followed by white spirit to remove the AK and a respray in Metalcote, but the primer was unaffected so should have protected it all. Still wondering what that was - maybe too many layers of Future??

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2