New 1/72 metal-wing Hurricane I from Arma Hobby -- Released!

Procopius

50 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

All their previous kits have been

True but it's best to check rather than assume. This is the first real kit by Arma of any interest to me personally and potentially on a business basis too.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dalea said:

Still, it's a shame about  Alleycat's replacement wing. The Balliol , the Gannet and now the Hurricane. Can't take a trick.

What about Alleycat's wing? Details, please.

Chris

Polish shop Martola posted camouflage schemes

Junior set

3033 Dywizjon RAF - F/O Witold Urbanowicz, F/O Jan Zumbach i P/O Mirosław Ferić

1 Dywizjon RCAF - samolot wypożyczony do Dywizjonu 303 - pilot F/O Zdzisław Hennenberg

No. 303 (Polish) Squadron RAF - F/O Witold Urbanowicz, F/O Jan Zumbach and P/O Mirosław Ferić

No. 1 Squadron Royal Canadian Air Force - aircraft lent to No. 303 (Polish) Squadron - pilot F/O Zdzisław Hennenberg

Expert Set

2 x 501 dywizjon RAF (polski as Antoni Głowacki) 1940

303 dywizjon RAF (czeski as Josef Frantisek) 1940

3 dywizjon SAAF (południowoafrykański pilot Ltn Bob Kershaw) - wersja tropikalna 1941

2 x No. 501 Squadron RAF (Polish Ace Antoni Głowacki - By the way, he was a single Polish ace in a day)) 1940

No. 303 (Polish) Squadron RAF (Czech ace Josef Frantisek) 1940

3 Squadron SAAF (South African pilot Ltn Bob Kershaw) - tropical version 1941

Edited by Botan
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

I think he means that it's a shame for Alleycat that their wing will no longer be neccessary

Okay. I wasn't sure. I just recently received an Alleycat wing and thought there may have been something wrong with it. It looks good and will be easy to install whenever I get another Airfix kit.

Chris

46 minutes ago, AlCZ said:

Annd have you in plan a canon wing Mk. IIC ? Or only Mk. I with metal wing ? Mk. IIC Night Intruder was very welcomed :)

Arma Hobby kit seems to have one sprue with wings and fuselage, without even separate front part. So I assume, there will be no more variants.

22 hours ago, Procopius said:

I'm really looking forward to the first "Tony builds" of this one.

Haha,.... yeah so am I mate!! Made my day hearing about this kit. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AlCZ said:

A small request for Arma Hobby:  Can you please make a Czechoslovak Limited Edition with Czechoslovak squadron from BoB ? Thank you very much !

It would be. Can you help us with research? Please contact by PM.

Josef Frantisek Hurricane from 303 is included in Expert box.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 11:45 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Logic would suggest that any subject with a Polish / Czech / British connection 'could' also be potential Arma kit possibilies. Who's for a good quality Spitfire Vb and Mustang III then??

Definitely. A Spit XIV, Mustang III and Tempest V would look good together too! 

• Like 4

I wonder if DK Decals are considering a bumper Hurricane I decal sheet.  I've been looking back at Osprey's Hurricane I Aces book.  So many schemes, so little time.  Pete Brothers' 'Blue Peter', Widge Gleed's 'Figaro', Bird-Wilson's flying swords, McKnight's skeleton and sickle (not to mention 242's boot up Hitler's backside), the list goes on...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

I wonder if DK Decals are considering a bumper Hurricane I decal sheet.  I've been looking back at Osprey's Hurricane I Aces book.  So many schemes, so little time.  Pete Brothers' 'Blue Peter', Widge Gleed's 'Figaro', Bird-Wilson's flying swords, McKnight's skeleton and sickle (not to mention 242's boot up Hitler's backside), the list goes on...

I’ve not long been thinking the exact same thing. DK’s No.1 Squadron decal sheet is full of Hurri’s and as previously mentioned a new Hurricane IIb and IIc from Arma would also be a big ticket item. 

I’m sure Franta will be working on as many Hurricane decal profiles as possible - can’t get enough of his Spitfire decals and my wallet is getting a bit lighter of late! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I’ve not long been thinking the exact same thing. DK’s No.1 Squadron decal sheet is full of Hurri’s and as previously mentioned a new Hurricane IIb and IIc from Arma would also be a big ticket item. 

I’m sure Franta will be working on as many Hurricane decal profiles as possible - can’t get enough of his Spitfire decals and my wallet is getting a bit lighter of late! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Great to know that they are good quality.  I haven't acquired any yet but they look superb.  Looking forward to seeing what's on their Night Intruders set as well.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 4:20 PM, Troy Smith said:

Looks good from the CADs, the only glitch I can see is the wing tips, head on they are like very thin triangles, not curved/bulged, this a mistake Hasegawa made.

from the BM walkround

sh19.jpg

render-05-baza.jpg

Otherwise, looks good.

It maybe just an illusion from the CAD,  and easy enough to fix if it as shown.  

Apologies if anyone things it's CAD slandering,  I feel strongly that the Hurricane suffers from "not being a Spitfire.." and try to redress the balance.

Good for Arma for doing this.

I also apologize in advance for “CAD slander” of this VERY exciting new release. 

But the renderings do not show the distinctive flat “wishbone” area, I.e., the flat triangular spot under the rear of the cowl forming a small wing root extension. Arthur Bentley mentioned it in his long-ago “Scale Models” magazine article accompanying his Hurricane I drawings; the Airfix ragwing kit is the first to capture it well in 1/72 IMHO.

This build of the Hasegawa Mk IIC by Japanese modeler Jumpei Temma, illustrates this feature very well by way of some real-aircraft photos, and shows how he re-created it on his model:

http://www.geocities.jp/yoyuso/hurricane/hurricane.html

Edited by MDriskill
  • Like 3

Good afternoon Mr Bulhak

1 /  Will it be possible to preorder this kit ? and what will be the price ?

2 /  Please could you consider the Curtiss P 36 Hawk 75 ? because in my opinion the AZModel kit is far from being a success ...

Best regards

Patrice

I just hope the panel lines are scale appropriate . The one's on the 72nd scale Iskra are unacceptably wide (based on photos , those pzl.11 are no better ) and as bad as some Airfix kits .  This cannot pass anymore in 2018 when limited run manufacturers like Sword and modelsvit can deliver crisp panel lines nevermind the likes of Tamiya .

Edited by Basuroy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Mr Bulhak

1 /  Will it be possible to preorder this kit ? and what will be the price ?

2 /  Please could you consider the Curtiss P 36 Hawk 75 ? because in my opinion the AZModel kit is far from being a success ... 

Best regards

Patrice

Hi Patrice

What's wrong with the KP kit ?
Comparing to photos I thought the outlines and shapes are pretty spot on ?

On 7/31/2018 at 5:34 AM, AlCZ said:

A small request for Arma Hobby:  Can you please make a Czechoslovak Limited Edition with Czechoslovak squadron from BoB ? Thank you very much !

You can always purchase this decal sheet from DK Decals ? Looks like it’s got all you need. 72010Upgrade_1.jpg

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Poles have been using mostly M.S. 406, and were only ones crazy enough to keep flying on Caudron CR.714 though. Also apparently Arma Hobby to not like to make multiple variants for now, and Hawk 75 had many of those.

10 hours ago, occa said:

Hi Patrice

What's wrong with the KP kit ?
Comparing to photos I thought the outlines and shapes are pretty spot on ?

Good morning Occa

Well I built one last year https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235027430-curtiss-h75-captain-jean-accart-gc-15-may-1940/&

and I must admit that I was disappointed by the fittings , I had to use a good amount of filler ...

I think that this aircraft deserves to be traited the way Special Hobby treated the Kittyhawk / P 40E M ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 10:27 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

You can always purchase this decal sheet from DK Decals ? Looks like it’s got all you need. 72010Upgrade_1.jpg

Cheers.. Dave 

Mmm...

Can't se any Hurrycane with red spinner. Thinking of Airfix old 1/24 Hurrycane how common was it that Hurricane's had red spinner's? Or was Airfix wrong?

Cheers / André

https://www.modelingmadness.com/review/allies/gb/dixonhurri.htm

59 minutes ago, Andre B said:

Can't se any Hurrycane with red spinner. Thinking of Airfix old 1/24 Hurrycane how common was it that Hurricane's had red spinner's? Or was Airfix wrong?

The Airfix 1/24 Hurricane box art depicted Gleed's AL-K with a red spinner, but this profile thinks it was black. The bottom picture appears to have been taken with orthochromatic film, which is why the red appears darker than the blue in the rounders and fin flash.

71e599e7891b6e1215da1168c26caf27.jpg

The picture below shows an 87 Sqdn Hurricane with AL-K codes and a red spinner, but it's a Mk.IIc night intruder.

220px-Hurricane_IIC_87_Sqn_RAF_in_flight