New 1/72 metal-wing Hurricane I from Arma Hobby -- Released!

Procopius

I've contacted Eduard just after receiving kits in our shop. Everybody who bought the kit in www.armahobby.com will receive replacament wheels as soon as they arrive from manufacturer. Just fill claim on our FAQ/Support section please and we will send them free: https://www.armahobby.com/webpage/support-faq.html

Eduard also recommends to contact [email protected] for replacement parts.

Edited by Wojtek Bulhak
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Source: https://www.eduard.com/eduard/hurristory-hurricane-mk-i-1-72.html

Released - ref. 2138 - Hawker Hurricane Mk.I - Hurrystory - Dual Combo

HURRISTORY: Hurricane Mk.I Dual Combo 1/72

Limited Edition kit of Hurricane Mk.I offers a wide choice of marking options for 12 aircraft. The kit contains parts for two complete models. New October release cat. no. 2138.

- plastic parts: Arma Hobby,

- 12 marking options,

- decals: Eduard,

- pre-painted PE parts,

- painting mask,

- resin parts: wheels and exhausts.

2138-3d-krabice-bpzd-z1.png

V.P.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Will we ever see Sea Hurricane Mk.Ib and Mk.II variants? I hope so.

Davey.

Sea Hurricane IIc is possible. It needs a new fuselage and few details. We can speak about when when we solve problems with tooling workshop. We have half a year delay with new kits now.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Wojtek Bulhak said:

Sea Hurricane IIc is possible. It needs a new fuselage and few details.

does that mean possibly a 'dual combo' with the IIB kit, which would then allow Sea Hurricane XII, and standard IIC to be built, or a IIB and Sea Hurricane IIC?  

I'm still waiting for the IID/IV boxing ;)   

( @Wojtek Bulhak  graciously lets me witter to him about Hurricanes via email on occasion.  ) 

The decal options in the new trop boxing look as well.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Cammer625 said:

Would the last one be a Aussie pilot?  I’m sure I can see a boomerang.

I'm pretty sure those markings are for 3 Sqn RAAF so almost certainly yes.  The squadron operated the Hurricane for a short period in 1941 before re-equipping with Tomahawks.  They also changed their squadron codes to CV.  Prior to their Hurricanes they had flown Gladiators and used the codes NW.   

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Wojtek Bulhak said:

Sea Hurricane IIc is possible. It needs a new fuselage and few details. We can speak about when when we solve problems with tooling workshop. We have half a year delay with new kits now.

Good morning Wojtek 

Does it means that the release date of the Mustang is delayed ? 

I really hope that you will solve your problems with tooling workshop cer soon ..

Best regards

Patrice   

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Wojtek 

Does it means that the release date of the Mustang is delayed ? 

I really hope that you will solve your problems with tooling workshop cer soon ..

Best regards

Patrice   

I expected P-51B around Summer Holidays. Hopefully we will have it on Christmas (not sure). Mustang have much more detail than previous kits, including subvariants available out the box (nose panels, photo camera, different radio, rangefinder). So it adds more to the work.

• Like 12

Just now, Wojtek Bulhak said:

I expected P-51B around Summer Holidays. Hopefully we will have it on Christmas (not sure). Mustang have much more detail than previous kits, including subvariants available out the box (nose panels, photo camera, different radio, rangefinder). So it adds more to the work.

Thank you for your reply ...

I prefer that your company take its time and make a very good product than hurry and do a poor product and I think that a ot of people think just the same thing ...

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Like 5

Grzegorz Cieliszak wrote an article on the armahobbynews about a French Hurricane I trop from latest box:

• The French Hurricane Z4615 link

Aeroplane was old, weathered and repainted. Left wing was from another aeroplane, also fresh paint makes it extremely good subject for advanced painting techniques.

spacer.png

Z4615-wyraznie-spolerowane-lopaty-smigla

spacer.png

Edited by Wojtek Bulhak
correct grammar
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

I'm pretty sure those markings are for 3 Sqn RAAF so almost certainly yes.  The squadron operated the Hurricane for a short period in 1941 before re-equipping with Tomahawks.  They also changed their squadron codes to CV.  Prior to their Hurricanes they had flown Gladiators and used the codes NW.   

Thanks mate.  Did some research (aka googling) and found some more info on this and some others from 3 Sqn RAAF. 🙏 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cammer625 said:

Thanks mate.  Did some research (aka googling) and found some more info on this and some others from 3 Sqn RAAF. 🙏 

Whats' intersting about this particular aircraft is that it is often portrayed in artwork as wearing the codes OS+A whereas a photo I have seen of it clearly shows it should be QS+A.  Looks like Arma got it right which, judging by the incredible quality of their kits, doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

Yeah that’s a bit interesting - I found an article which also shows that some the other 3 Sqn  hurricanes (and other aircraft) are OS not QS.  Probably.  Possibly - each photo I could find it’s hard to be convinced either way.  Hard to believe they used both? At the same time? And it doesn’t help the the Q letter looks so similar to the O - as in just a small mark under the body of the letter not through it.  Wonder which is right? Help, please.  

cheers

9 hours ago, Cammer625 said:

Yeah that’s a bit interesting - I found an article which also shows that some the other 3 Sqn  hurricanes (and other aircraft) are OS not QS.  Probably.  Possibly - each photo I could find it’s hard to be convinced either way.  Hard to believe they used both? At the same time? And it doesn’t help the the Q letter looks so similar to the O - as in just a small mark under the body of the letter not through it.  Wonder which is right? Help, please.  

cheers

We will discuss it in an article to be posted next week on armahobbynews.pl/en/ . Grzegorz Cieliszak found possible explanation of "Q", stay tuned please.

• Like 5

On 10/8/2021 at 1:31 AM, Cammer625 said:

cheers

Just to add to the mix is the fact that OS was the code for 279 Squadron and, briefly, 349 (Belgian) Squadron while QS was the code for 192 and 620 Squadrons. I could be wrong about this but it doesn't appear the either OS or QS were ever officially 3 sqdn RAAF's codes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Received Arma Hobby's Hurricane Mk1 Expert set (70019). Lovely kit 👌. Also Eduard L.E. Hurristory 1:72 Dual Combo kit today. Lovely kit too.😊 But how do I get replacement's for the tiny 1:144 resin wheels. I bought from Super Hobby, Poland. Through them or Eduard/Arma?

Thanks in advance,

Lindsey

7 hours ago, Lindsey C said:

Hi Guys,

Received Arma Hobby's Hurricane Mk1 Expert set (70019). Lovely kit 👌. Also Eduard L.E. Hurristory 1:72 Dual Combo kit today. Lovely kit too.😊 But how do I get replacement's for the tiny 1:144 resin wheels. I bought from Super Hobby, Poland. Through them or Eduard/Arma?

Thanks in advance,

Lindsey

I emailed [email protected]

• Thanks 1