New 1/72 metal-wing Hurricane I from Arma Hobby -- Released!

Procopius

1 hour ago, rio said:

Like the fact they are doing weathered decals for the navy versions.

Rich

FROG did the same almost 50 years ago

11 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

I don't recall any such weathered transfers from Frog.  Please enlighten.

I strongly suspect the split of the unit codes should not have happened on the port sides.

Maybe I'm getting confused with the dual markings for the Hurricane IIC which included the red-doped repair patches? The problem is I'm relying on memory and I'm too far from home to check.

15 hours ago, rio said:

Like the fact they are doing weathered decals for the navy versions.

I can't see any weathering in the decal sheet shown in the link.

14 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

I strongly suspect the split of the unit codes should not have happened on the port sides.

P3090 W*8E is definitely correct, photo p78 AB Squadrons of the Fleet Air Arm (760 Sqn at Yeovilton), as is V7421 W*2D, as modelled by Tony O'Toole

I was under the impression that the FAA kept the letter/number code sequence the same on both sides, the roundel split could be between 1st/2nd or 2nd/3rd but the code read the same port and stbd; whereas the RAF kept the 2 letter squadron identifier together and this could be before or after the roundel depending on space available.

ie FAA code could read A1*B or A*1B, but not B*A1

and RAF code could read AB*C or C*AB, but not A*BC

(standard or generally accepted practice, barring the odd exception or error applying codes)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

P3090 W*8E is definitely correct, photo p78 AB Squadrons of the Fleet Air Arm (760 Sqn at Yeovilton), 

And (for those who haven't read Tony's excellent article on Sea Hurricane/FAA Hurricanes on the Arma Website), starboard side is definitely W8-E (colour photo, Camera Above The Clouds Vol 3, p.12)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Seahawk said:

And (for those who haven't read Tony's excellent article on Sea Hurricane/FAA Hurricanes on the Arma Website), starboard side is definitely W8-E (colour photo, Camera Above The Clouds Vol 3, p.12)

4162925396_eac3dbda9e_o.jpgHawker Sea Hurricane Mk.1a by Etienne du Plessis, on Flickr

There are some links in the photo comments about Naval and Sea Hurricanes as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/2727649203932086

New Limited Edition Hurricane Mk I kit – East Front with Finnish and Romanian markings. We are taking preorders now, delivery is planned in about two weeks

http://www.armahobby.com/70025-hurricane-mk-i-east-front-limited-edition.html

74912295-2727647187265621-99929441566929

V.P.

• Like 10

I have to applaud this! Especially cool that they included Agarici`s n.3 Hurricane. I see there are 5 spoke wheels included too which reduces the need for aftermarkets. Unfortunately, in addition to this and the two changes noted on the Arma Hobby site (antenna mast and lack of the right side access panel) in order to build a proper Romanian Hurricane (one of the British delivered machines) one still needs a Spitfire DeHavilland propeller (which I understand is not part of the AH kit) and the old style bead and ring gun-sight.

Arma Hobby in that kit used two kinds of propeller and three spinners. I'm not fully sure, but I hope one of that propellers is DeHavilland (because spinner from Spitfire is in the kit, for sure). ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jpl said:

Arma Hobby in that kit used two kinds of propeller and three spinners. I'm not fully sure, but I hope one of that propellers is DeHavilland (because spinner from Spitfire is in the kit, for sure). ;)

there is the Sputfire DH prop (used on early hurricanes, and not in the usual Arma kit, perhaps they have added this) and then the Hurricane DH prop, which is in the standard kit, along with the Spitfire Rotol and Hurricane Rotol spinners 

see here https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980181-hawker-hurricane-propellers-and-spinners-a-modellers-guide/

for photos and more details.

The Finnish and Romanian Hurricanes need the DH Spitfire prop. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

there is the Sputfire DH prop (used on early hurricanes, and not in the usual Arma kit, perhaps they have added this) and then the Hurricane DH prop, which is in the standard kit, along with the Spitfire Rotol and Hurricane Rotol spinners 

see here https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980181-hawker-hurricane-propellers-and-spinners-a-modellers-guide/

A, OK, now I understood. Thank You! ;)

• Like 1

Good afternoon 

YESSS

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2019/10/31/hurricane-mk-iic-1-72-scale-kit-announcement/?utm_source=implebot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hurricane2c&utm_term=hurricane2c-zapowiedz&utm_content=en

Patrice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/10/2019 at 00:07, Troy Smith said:

Arma Hobby show sprues and there is no other variant of propellers than previous. So, maybe set of Quickboost 72 166 will help? I mean blades?

Edited by jpl

4 hours ago, jpl said:

Arma Hobby show sprues and there is no other variant of propellers than previous. So, maybe set of Quickboost 72 166 will help? I mean blades?

I think the blades are the same, the spinner is slightly bigger at the rear, as the Spitfire has a bigger nosering.

Various Spitfire  kits come with alternate spinners and props,  which is a traditional source!  the Airfix Mk.I/II kit does, but if you want a Spitfire II you can use a the Spitfire type Rotol in a Hurricane kit for a swap.

A resin De Havilland Spitfire spinner should be OK  if the kit it is meant for has the correct size nose ring,  some AM is for specific kits, and meant to fit them, if the kit is wrong, the AM is wrong....

• Like 1