New 1/72 metal-wing Hurricane I from Arma Hobby -- Released!

Procopius

11 minutes ago, 304th BRAT said:

4 Overtrees ordered

Were you able to order these without buying at least one ‘expert’ kit? I tried to order just overtrees however the website would not allow it unless I ordered the main kit. In the end the high postage cost for three kits killed the deal and I didn’t think just two kits were really worth the expense. I’m not complaining about the price, however it’s not than I don’t have enough Hurricanes in the stash already. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Source: http://www.armahobby.com/blog/hurricane-model-kit-delivery-and-plastic-sprues-offer.html?utm_source=implebot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Hurricane&utm_term=overtrees&utm_content=en

5c04f4d67f8fc-ksodfsdifiejf.jpg

Hurricane model kit delivery and plastic sprues offer

03-12-2018

Hurricane model kit sales were launched on 30th November. Dispatch of orders is planned to start from 10th December.
Because of the great popularity of the model kit and its plastic parts (so-called overtrees) we have decided to change the sale rules.
Plastic parts of Hurricane were offered a bonus to subscribers of www.hurricane303.pl newsletter. Unfortunately, some subscribers had problems with ordering, most probably email with sprues offer got to spam. Also, many non-subscribers contacted us asking for sprues availability.
Vox populi vox Dei, we decided to change rules as we did not want anybody felt harmed. Plastic parts of Hurricane are at now available for ordering by anybody in Arma Hobby shop. Offer is valid until 5th December (CET), and the plastic parts will be removed from the shop then.

http://www.armahobby.com/4802.html

V.P.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Were you able to order these without buying at least one ‘expert’ kit? I tried to order just overtrees however the website would not allow it unless I ordered the main kit. In the end the high postage cost for three kits killed the deal and I didn’t think just two kits were really worth the expense. I’m not complaining about the price, however it’s not than I don’t have enough Hurricanes in the stash already. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Good afternoon Dave

Maybe you could combine your order with other Australian modellers in order to reduce shipping cost ?

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers.. Dave 

Sorry for problems with ordering. Did you try "add to shopping cart" button on the right to the photos? It looks you were browsing dealer packages below photos.

Shipping to Australia - we can not solve post charges, they are to high. Maybe HLJ can? We are looking for distributor in Australia.

13 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

In the end the high postage cost for three kits killed the deal and I didn’t think just two kits were really worth the expense. I’m not complaining about the price, however it’s not than I don’t have enough Hurricanes in the stash already. 

You should have contacted us! I could easily have made a bigger order.

Edit - if mine hasn't been dispatched, just add Rabbit Leaders overtrees to my order!

If the offer is now public it is likely that they'll be available from internet traders in due course.

Shipping to Australia - we can not solve post charges, they are to high. Maybe HLJ can?

I stopped buying from HLJ partly because of their high postage charges

14 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

Edit - if mine hasn't been dispatched, just add Rabbit Leaders overtrees to my order!

If the offer is now public it is likely that they'll be available from internet traders in due course.

Orders will be dispatched starting on 10 December. Adding ovrtrees to your order would unfortunately double postage. Plastic parts are available only for short time in our shop, sorry.

It looks we need a good dealer in Australia. Can you suggest any?

• Like 2

On 12/4/2018 at 8:57 AM, Wojtek Bulhak said:

Shipping to Australia - we can not solve post charges, they are to high.

Same to New Zealand by the price quoted when I add items to my cart & check the shipping price. Will you be supplying Hannants & through them their various resellers? The cost of post through the likes of MJWmodels is usually quite a lot less. Less post equals more kits I can order. :D Not being able to order overtrees this way is not a big deal to me, the base kit is little more.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Will you be supplying Hannants & through them their various resellers?

Hannants has both boxings in their future releases section: https://www.hannants.co.uk/futurereleases?scale_id=956&search_direction=asc&manufacturer_id=362801

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

got one Expert and two overtrees - if I've understood correctly the overtrees were only available until 05 December @tonyot

Ah bum,..... only realised today that the kits were for sale! 

• Like 1

i'm looking forward to the 70020 boxing, which hasn't been released yet. it's got some very interesting 303 Squadron markings: RF E, a ship Urbanowicz got 9 claims in, it's also the first ship Zumbach had Donald Duck painted on. 

i'll also need the 'expert set, as i want to build both Glowacki's SD A and Frantisek's RF R.

got 6 overtrees. already had the Skalski decal set (from Hannant's, now they only have 1/48) so 2 ships will go to Skalski (hey i'm a collect the whole set). One will be Kentowski's RF J from the Techmod sheet. i may do another 303 Squadron ship, or i may hold 2 back for other options, maybe Burges' blue Malta recon ship, or another Battle of Britain ship (Tuck, McKellar, etc... sooo many possibilities). 

can you tell i'm delighted with this release? small Eastern European companies are making big waves. Copper State's 1/32 Nieuport 17s are gorgeous kits. 

regarding shipping, i'm in Thailand. expensive shipping's part of my life. that said i notice that the shipping is in tiers, so play around with your cart and see how much you can put in it til the shipping jumps up past the pain point. i found it cheaper to order 6 overtrees first then order the Expert set later....

• Like 4

Good evening all

This morning I received this email

Today briefing from Arma Hobby Hurricane Factory. Hurricanes are produced even faster than in British factories during the Battle of Britain. We prepare hundreds of model kits daily when original aeroplanes were assembled per 2-8 daily in a factory.

181210013852509407.jpg

It is quite a challenge for a small factory with three employees only. We have got hundreds of orders, some of them with over ten Hurricanes included! Although dispatch of the first batch of orders was planned for today, it was shifted for tomorrow. It is because the Polish Post will send us a post van to pick up ready parcels tomorrow. We hope to finish deliveries this week, so packages would be delivered to modellers in Poland and Europe before Christmas.

On Friday we have sent Hurricanes to reviewers around a World. Hopefully within a week or so first inboxes will appear on the web. At the end of this week, I am planning to post a summary of Hurricane project. I will share our experience with model design and tooling.

Wojtek Bulhak
Arma Hobby ''

Patrice

• Like 12