New 1/72 metal-wing Hurricane I from Arma Hobby -- Released!

Procopius

58 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Will there be a multi-camouflage option boxing called Arma chameleon?

Oh! Oh! I see what you did there! 🤔😆

Edited by fightersweep
  • Haha 2

There weren't an enormous number of Hurricanes from these blocks sold abroad, and those that were included ones with different gunsights, venturi for the instruments, and fabric-covered wings.  All of which, together with the transfers themselves. will need to be considered by the modeller.  Filling in the panel is easy if it is a metal panel on metal surround, but this isn't.  You'd have to remake the fabric effect to match the rest of the kit: not incredibly difficult but not super easy either.  So which option, or combination of options, should be included?  Whatever you leave out, someone will notice it.  Or include everything, and the cost of the kit goes up.  People will certainly notice that.

Personally, I'd rather a manufacturer did one particular aircraft right, and let the aftermarket look after the rest.

Edited by Graham Boak
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Fin said:

🙄 Everyone with his idea, only I with mine...

23 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

There weren't an enormous number of Hurricanes from these blocks sold abroad, and those that were included ones with different gunsights, venturi for the instruments, and fabric-covered wings.  All of which, together with the transfers themselves. will need to be considered by the modeller.  Filling in the panel is easy if it is a metal panel on metal surround, but this isn't.  You'd have to remake the fabric effect to match the rest of the kit: not incredibly difficult but not super easy either.  So which option, or combination of options, should be included?  Whatever you leave out, someone will notice it.  Or include everything, and the cost of the kit goes up.  People will certainly notice that.

Personally, I'd rather a manufacturer did one particular aircraft right, and let the aftermarket look after the rest.

@Fin is in Romania, so perhaps he's interest is in the N**** as supplied to them,  perhaps if it sells well for Arma, they may consider doing a new starboard fuselage,  and the appropriate bits, 5 spoke wheels and DH Spitfire type prop...

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 3:28 PM, Procopius said:

There isn't a great P-51B, I agree, but this isn't a kit of one. And it's also not a Spitfire, or made by Revell, or SMER. These are totally irrelevant comparisons. 

"I hope this banana from the grocery store isn't rotten like the kiwi I got from a totally different grocery store ten years ago." 

Now we're talking, did you check the banana  against a verified banana profile photo? What about thoroughly  examining it against other species such as whales and termites? And remember that you need to look at very old black and white images of other bananas to accurately determine its possibility of kiwi influenced rancidness. Or you could , I dunno, make a model to pass the time? Oh wait you already do that and with a good deal of skill 😉

On a more serious note, I'm so ignorant  I still make the Hasegawa versions which apparently are an affront to both Hurricanes and soft fruits...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, azureglo said:

Or you could , I dunno, make a model to pass the time? Oh wait you already do that and with a good deal of skill 😉

Half true, anyway.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, azureglo said:

On a more serious note, I'm so ignorant  I still make the Hasegawa versions which apparently are an affront to both Hurricanes and soft fruits...

So do I.  They have flaws but these can be corrected, or at least minimised.  Still among the very best 1/72 Hurricanes, especially for Mk.IIs.  Wish that they'd done two radiators, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

@Fin is in Romania, so perhaps he's interest is in the N**** as supplied to them,  perhaps if it sells well for Arma, they may consider doing a new starboard fuselage,  and the appropriate bits, 5 spoke wheels and DH Spitfire type prop...

The L series to be exact. Troy, I was under the impression that they`ve included two types of propellers and three types of spinners. Which are they?

Edited by Fin

47 minutes ago, Fin said:

The L series to be exact. Troy, I was under the impression that they`ve included two types of propellers and three types of spinners. Which are they?

A metal wing L**** series is IIRC the same as a metal wing N**** series from memory,  but there was a rolling series of modifications, so some may have slipped my mind (it's late, I'm tired..)

I can't see the sprue shots, they were on Farcebook?  

Anyway, the version Arma have picked makes sense for a Polish company, as it's the one for Polish (and Czechslovak) BoB  and after Mk.I's

from the decal profiles, and as this represents a P**** and on Mk.I, the props are the DH Hurricane type, and using the same blades,  the Spitfire Rotol (blunt, too big for nose ring) and the Hurricane Rotol unit, the 'bullet' spinner

for anyone confused

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980181-hawker-hurricane-propellers-and-spinners-a-modellers-guide/

HTH

T

If they are using the same propeller blades for all three spinners, that's a disappointment.  I have some spare DH Hurricane types, so I hope it isn't that one.  Not, to be honest, that I feel a strong need for another Mk.I, as I have six already.  (Not counting 1/144 - of which I have eight thanks to Sweet's little gem coming two to a box, and I had to compare the Revell and Zvezda ones, didn't I?)  I've spent the last two modelling sessions filing the wingtips on all 18 Hurricanes in the stash.  Thank you, Troy.

Latest email from Arma today says probably three more weeks until release, and has a nice blog about Antoni Glowacki and 501 Squadron (one of my favourite BoB Hurricane squadrons and one I'm glad is well-represented in the marking options): http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2018/10/06/antoni-glowacki-the-ace-in-a-day/

• Like 1

In newsletter it was also explained, that for now "Deluxe set" is not planned, and after "Junior set" another Junior set is going to be released, with tropical schemes. A few limited sets are being considered.

• Like 2

Per the latest email from Arma, " Test shots are possible in October with sales expected before Memorial Day. The overall look of such details like fabric or panel lines is more than satisfactory. We wait for test shots to confirm the release date." Since Memorial Day here in Yankeedom is in May, I presume this refers to their National Independence Day on November 11.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Decals of the Expert set was revised. It is huge size 18x13cm sheet with both Gloster and Hawker roundels colours as well as SAAF roundels included. Also bonus stencils and control panel decals.  It is enought for two kits! I can not confirm exact release date so far, but I can confirm that Hurricane newsletter subscribers will receive an exclusive offer for extra plastic parts. So it is strongly recommended to subscribe newsletter on website hurricane303.pl/en/ !

More about colour schemes you find on armahobbynews.pl/en/70019

ah-70019-decals-big.jpg&t=big&f=product&

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

???? Please tell me more and how does one order at least 10?

That's easy! Wojtek already wrote about it:

On 10/30/2018 at 2:29 PM, Wojtek Bulhak said:

Hurricane newsletter subscribers will receive an exclusive offer for extra plastic parts. So it is strongly recommended to subscribe newsletter on website hurricane303.pl/en/ ! 

Those "extra plastic parts" are not additional fuel tanks or pilot figures but exactly the whole normal kit plastic sprues (without decals, instructions, PE, masks etc.) - the thing which Eduard calls "overtrees".

BTW, preparing this Hurricane kit is great adventure for me - researching for the decal sheet with all those roundels colour and size variations was very inspiring and I must confess that a lot information I've found here, on this great forum! Thank you Friends for that!

Especially the RF-R Gloster-built R4175 (flown by Czech pilot Josef Frantisek in Polish 303 squadron) was difficult to understand: it left the Gloster factory with light coloured markings but without roundels on the wing undersurfaces, so these roundels have been painted in the squadron, with darker "dull" colours - which is confirmed by the photographs!!!

Frantisek-3.jpg

• Like 8