New 1/72 metal-wing Hurricane I from Arma Hobby -- Released!

Procopius

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

Oh, and I see there are plans for a tropical version too.  Looks like I'll be able to build Imshi Mason's aircraft as well.

I don't think I have seen a photo of Imshi Mason's aircraft. Maybe I have and forgot about it.

That would be a must .

Edited by rickpeck

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Logic would suggest that any subject with a Polish / Czech / British connection 'could' also be potential Arma kit possibilies. Who's for a good quality Spitfire Vb and Mustang III then?? 

Buddy, you just read my mind.

20 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Looks good from the CADs, the only glitch I can see is the wing tips, head on they are like very thin triangles, not curved/bulged, this a mistake Hasegawa made.

from the BM walkround

sh19.jpg

render-05-baza.jpg

Otherwise, looks good.

It maybe just an illusion from the CAD,  and easy enough to fix if it as shown.  

Apologies if anyone things it's CAD slandering,  I feel strongly that the Hurricane suffers from "not being a Spitfire.." and try to redress the balance.

Good for Arma for doing this.

I wonder if this is to do with the molding limitations in 1/72nd - they've mold the whole of the top wings separate to the bottom and added a panel line near the tip. It might not be possible to go much thinner otherwise the panel line would effectively go through the tip. Of course the best way to mold it would be to have the whole of the tip molded as part of the top wing halves.

7 hours ago, Denford said:

They DID NOT miss a trick here.  It could only have been tooled at the expense of something else.

In fact we should be glad: it has given Arma Hobby something to get started on.  Let's hope it does well for them and gets them on a steady path to other rather 'niche' subjects.  A Spitfire Xll perhaps....?

Jesus.  Soreee.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rickpeck said:

I don't think I have seen a photo of Imshi Mason's aircraft. Maybe I have and forgot about it.

That would be a must .

There's a profile In the Osprey Hurricane Mk 1 Aces I seem to remember.  I don't have it to hand although, if I remember correctly, it was unusual in that it carried squadron codes but no individual aircraft code.  I believe that was added later on after Mason had flown it. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Logic would suggest that any subject with a Polish / Czech / British connection 'could' also be potential Arma kit possibilies. Who's for a good quality Spitfire Vb and Mustang III then?? 

Cheers.. Dave.

Aren't the newer AZ/KP MkVs much good?  I thought they'd had pretty good reviews although I seem to remember reading that the Mustang III had wing shape issues. 

2 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Aren't the newer AZ/KP MkVs much good?  I thought they'd had pretty good reviews although I seem to remember reading that the Mustang III had wing shape issues. 

My understanding is that the wing chord is off on the KP MkVs -- it was at least on the original AZ version, not sure if that's been fixed. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Actually I'll admit, I forgot about the AZ/KP Spits as I don't have any of these as yet. From what I see, they look good. 

Apologies ...Dave 

• Like 1

I`m looking forward to this,...... I do hope that the price is OK,..... and was that a Vokes filter that I spotted on a CAD drawing,..... even better!! Thank you for releasing a metal winged Mk.I,...... we`ve needed one for years and it should sell very well,..... I want quite a few to begin with!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

I`m looking forward to this,...... I do hope that the price is OK,..... and was that a Vokes filter that I spotted on a CAD drawing,..... even better!! Thank you for releasing a metal winged Mk.I,...... we`ve needed one for years and it should sell very well,..... I want quite a few to begin with!

I'm really looking forward to the first "Tony builds" of this one.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers.. Dave.

An accurate Mustang P-51B/C/Mk.III in 1/72 for sure have possibillities. Will Arma be first at this one as well?

Cheers / André

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Procopius said:

My understanding is that the wing chord is off on the KP MkVs -- it was at least on the original AZ version, not sure if that's been fixed. 

Having said this, I went and compared the wing chord with that of the Eduard Spitfire IX, and they seem to be identical, so I must eat my words and probably buy more KP Vbs.

15 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

There's a profile In the Osprey Hurricane Mk 1 Aces I seem to remember.  I don't have it to hand although, if I remember correctly, it was unusual in that it carried squadron codes but no individual aircraft code.  I believe that was added later on after Mason had flown it. 

Thanks I have that book and will take a look.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Denford said:

Does anyone know when it is due?

According to the article linked to in the OP:

Model kit release is planned for the end of September 2018.