New 1/72 metal-wing Hurricane I from Arma Hobby -- Released!

Procopius

Looks good from the CADs, the only glitch I can see is the wing tips, head on they are like very thin triangles, not curved/bulged, this a mistake Hasegawa made.

from the BM walkround

sh19.jpg

render-05-baza.jpg

Otherwise, looks good.

It maybe just an illusion from the CAD,  and easy enough to fix if it as shown.  

Apologies if anyone things it's CAD slandering,  I feel strongly that the Hurricane suffers from "not being a Spitfire.." and try to redress the balance.

Good for Arma for doing this.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

It maybe just an illusion from the CAD,  and easy enough to fix if it as shown.   

Apologies if anyone things it's CAD slandering, 

I think you do not have to worry about that, CAD designer explained on Polish forum, that he reads online remarks and incorporate them into projects, if possible. 👌

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Denford said:

Thanks for this.

I managed to unsubscribe but only the English Version.  Can't read or see how to unsubscribe the Polish version!

Send newsletter back with note on unsubscribe please. I would cancel subscribtion manually then.

I`m so excited about this! Especially since it pretty much came out of the blue. :D

One thing though... Would your kit include 5 spoke wheels or has CMK patented this for all 1/72 Hurricane kits? I would so appreciate it if I could avoid resin aftermarkets for this one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fin said:

I`m so excited about this! Especially since it pretty much came out of the blue. :D

One thing though... Would your kit include 5 spoke wheels or has CMK patented this for all 1/72 Hurricane kits? I would so appreciate it if I could avoid resin aftermarkets for this one.

Unless I'm mistaken (which is often) I believe the earlier 5 spokers were only seen on the earliest of Fabric wing Hurricanes. Four spokes are right for this kits period in time. I'm writing this without consulting references so I'm bound to be proven wrong soon enough. 

Cheers.. Dave

42 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Unless I'm mistaken (which is often) I believe the earlier 5 spokers were only seen on the earliest of Fabric wing Hurricanes. Four spokes are right for this kits period in time. I'm writing this without consulting references so I'm bound to be proven wrong soon enough. 

Cheers.. Dave

They seem to be only on the first two batches, L**** and N**** serials, so plenty of metal winged, including the Finnish and Romanian planes.

After that 4 spoke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yep, the twelve Romanian metal wings were: L2077, L2078, L2085, L2093, L2094, L2095, L2096, L2097, L2104, L2112, L2113 and L2114.

According to this book, which I had close by:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235031176-hawker-hurricane-voli-of-the-illustrated-history-of-romanian-aviation/

Again, it would be nice to have this option in plastic.

Rejoice rejoice!  At last.  Well done Arma.  Will 'have' to have several of these.  I can finally include a standard Battle of Britain Hurricane in the collection - well, several, actually.  RAF, Polish and RAuxAF.   501 and 303 are a given for me.  I'll have much fun deciding on an RAF regular squadron to build.  Silly old Airfix really missed a trick here.  Looking forward to Armas' Spitfire XIV kit (please, please, pretty please). 

• Like 2

Logic would suggest that any subject with a Polish / Czech / British connection 'could' also be potential Arma kit possibilies. Who's for a good quality Spitfire Vb and Mustang III then?? 

Cheers.. Dave.

• Like 2

I've not been so excited about a kit since Airfix's Defiant. Having looked at the price of Arma kits, I suspect that the Hurricane will be attractively priced, even for a skinflint like me. If this is the kit I hope it is, I will need a lot of them for my BoB collection.

Can't wait to get my hands on one!

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

Silly old Airfix really missed a trick here.  Looking forward to Armas' Spitfire XIV kit (please, please, pretty please). 

They DID NOT miss a trick here.  It could only have been tooled at the expense of something else.

In fact we should be glad: it has given Arma Hobby something to get started on.  Let's hope it does well for them and gets them on a steady path to other rather 'niche' subjects.  A Spitfire Xll perhaps....?

• Like 4