Well I finally finished my attempt at the Kittyhawk Voodoo. my thanks to Nikolay Polyakov and bentwaters81tfw for there advice, knowledge and inspiration. The kit is a mixture of good and bad, partially as a result of trying to produce the whole F-101 family from a set of moulds. So the intakes are just plan wrong for the A/C models and needed cutting back to  the earlier, squared off shape, the slime lights needed removing but mainly the fit took a lot of work even to get it to my botched up state.

IMGP6911

I used Caracal decals for the scheme, as I tried a few of the Kittyhawk ones and didn't like the colours, though the stencils were fine. As always the Caracal decal were fabulous to work with.

IMGP6912

The machine I chose to depict ids from a  photo on another thread from Bentwaters81tfw and show how they looked later in their brief career. It seems the front section was painted silver, the mid  section was Air Defence Grey and the rear was left natural metal. It was a therapeutic job masking and painting this .

IMGP6913

I'm glad I got the kick up the rear to build this stash sitter but I don't think it will encourage me to buy another  one.

IMGP6916

I've also just noticed I forgot to finish decaling the serial number on the port side. I have been looking at the thing all afternoon but it took a photo for me to spot this!!!!

As always thanks for looking.

• Like 26

Congratulations @Silver Fox 🎉

Such a lovely work here! Yes, it’s a bit difficult to build that model, but Kitty Hawk’s shapes represent the Voodoo very well and you work confirmed it. My Voodoo is on the painting bench and it took some time to finish it (my friend asked me to build the Vigilante for him, so I need to wok faster 😎).

Decals... Looks beautiful! I think I have to use the kit decals for the current build, but it looks that I need a Caracal’s sheets for the future builds, too.

Cheers! 🙃

• Like 1

Now that's what I call a Voodoo. I know both KH and Caracal produced the decals for the walkways to suit the incorrect intakes, but they really should be squared off to match the intake. Apart form that, a superb late 81st Voodoo!

• Like 2

bentwaters81tfw, well they aren't coming off any time soon😁. Thanks for the photos  and advice without which it would never have been finished.

5 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Congratulations @Silver Fox 🎉

Such a lovely work here! Yes, it’s a bit difficult to build that model, but Kitty Hawk’s shapes represent the Voodoo very well and you work confirmed it. My Voodoo is on the painting bench and it took some time to finish it (my friend asked me to build the Vigilante for him, so I need to wok faster 😎).

Decals... Looks beautiful! I think I have to use the kit decals for the current build, but it looks that I need a Caracal’s sheets for the future builds, too.

Cheers! 🙃

I've just looked at your progress in your thread and it looks like you are going along really nicely. Thanks for your help and advice, it felt like a mini group build.  Now get yours finished and show us the way with the F-101B.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

I've just looked at your progress in your thread and it looks like you are going along really nicely. Thanks for your help and advice, it felt like a mini group build.

Thanks @Silver Fox, there are no so much details left in the box 😉 Yes, the Voodoo lovers, unite!

1 hour ago, Silver Fox said:

Now get yours finished and show us the way with the F-101B.

I think it would be not so special compared to A/C... And I promised myself not to build next model before I finished current. Between Voodoos I need to build something big and rapid 🤤

OK, it’s time to brush again!

• Like 1

Not the easiest kit to put together but she has come out well. I do like the different and complex metallic shades especially on the wings, as well as the grey on the top fuselage.

Well done sir!

Michael

• Like 2