1/72 Henschel Hs 129 - DONE

5 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looking really good Dermot, its such a brute of an attack aircraft and Airfix look as it they got this one pretty right (save for the long gun barrel!). 

Cheers.. Dave 

I was just looking at the photos again and dave you're right - one mean sob....

(from memory wasn't too well liked by crews nor too successful though?)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers lads and some more done with this one.

Primer coat..

45014508681_7dff74025c_b.jpgAirfix Hs 129 build 15 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Then Light Blue underneath and Dark Green on top..

45014507501_b926c135b6_b.jpgAirfix Hs 129 build 16 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Next up, big guns! While it looks cool, I was never too keen on adding the big gun underneath - just felt like it was a design afterthought. So decided I would build it up but display it next to the plane.. So, some gun-like internals. roughly based on cutaway drawings I found..

44295249944_b99ce65e02_b.jpgAirfix Hs 129 build 17 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

With the shortened barrel added.

44295249034_7af672fd82_b.jpgAirfix Hs 129 build 18 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

And start of some painting. Also added the top bulkhead.

44295247604_18199bb402_b.jpgAirfix Hs 129 build 19 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!
Cheers,

Dermot

Edited by Dermo245
Fixing photo links
  • Like 13

What a greet idea. The gun alongside will make a nice ‘prop’ as a display item. The internals look to be cleverly done Dermot - I’m most impressed. Good to see this one on the home stretch. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So home stretch now - got the painting finished and a coat of Klear. Decals are a mix of the kit originals and some spares.

Here she is last night with a coat of Dark Dirt wash...

44555892794_6ee82e71d3_b.jpgAirfix Hs 129 build 20 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

And after, with the wash cleaned off and the props added. I'm not 100% sure this unit had blue spinner tips.....

31403775908_5841d76ff7_b.jpgAirfix Hs 129 build 21 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Matt coat to follow tonight and she'll be done.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Dermot

• Like 12

It's great seeing this one so close to the finishing stage Dermot, we all knew you'd get there - honest! 

Looking forward to you joining us the the GB gallery with another wonderfully built Airfix Classic.  

Cheers.. Dave  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And with that, she's done. Turned out ok for an old Airfix kit though not sure it's a classic!

43481679580_7801efe839_b.jpgAirfix Hs 129 B-2 Done (7) by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

43481675950_3255557803_b.jpgAirfix Hs 129 B-2 Done (13) by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Will post some more pics in the Gallery, thanks for a great modelling trip down memory lane and here's to the next one!

Cheers,

Dermot

• Like 10

Brilliant job Dermo

And to everyone for not falling for the "my weapons too big ! " trap that was laid earlier on in this thread.

It's good to see we are all far too mature to fall for such smutty innuendo  :whistle:

It looks the absolute business, well done mate  :worthy:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 2

A really classy finish to this one Dermot - well done. I really like the posed gun as it gives the whole subject a little more character and purpose. 

Once again, it was great to chat and see your build throughout this GB. I'm sure we'll bump again in the near future. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1