Sukhoi SU-27 Flanker (Hasegawa, 1/72)

Hi folks,

This is a kit I made from Hasegawa. Have enjoyed painting miniatures for some years but this is my first stab at a plastic kit since I was nipper and bodging together Airfix Spitfires and Panzers. I love seeing the Flanker in air displays after first seeing it in the early 90s so after some research on which kit to buy got this one from Hasegawa, and have to say thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Had quite a few learning moments - hopefully these will get fewer as time goes on!

- Variable air pressures: Turns out trying to spray with 60psi isn't for the best, as a snapped off tail fin can attest to!

- Don't leave the model in a dusty environment for a month, then do an inadequate job of cleaning it before doing the next coat.

- Undercarriage/weapons etc: leave these off until the rest of the build & paint is completed so they don't get in the way (I did learn from my mistakes after re-gluing part of the undercarriage for the 5th time.

Any criticism or tips very welcome!

After a quick google search on the aircraft number, this is apparently the aircraft that appeared at Farnborough in 1991. 

DSC_0206x.jpg

DSC_0211x.jpg

• Like 18