Revell B-17G Flying Fortress.

I'm building the very same kit at the moment although I gone for the 'Nine O Nine' version, I'm at exactly the same point having just fitted my undercarriage and have experienced the very same issues as you.  My kit has been plagued with fit issues, it's my first Revell kit since returning to the hobby just over 3 years ago, I can now see why as a kid I avoided Revell, they haven't improved much well not with this kit.  

Although I think I'll get a fairly decent result but I wont be building another Revell kit, I'll post up mine once finished. 

You've done a cracking job mate and you're almost there :yes:

• Thanks 1

Just had a read of the whole post. Fantastic work on a beautiful B17. I have the Memphis Bell in 1/48 but think I also need the G as well now. 

• Thanks 1

Quick catch-up on this evening's progress, I have varnished the props ready for the decals to be applied tomorrow. I have also touched up the exhausts, and guns. Not much to report, but we are nearing the point of weathering the beast so a little research needs to be done I think.

• Like 3

Last night I secured the props in place along with antenna and other various small pieces (only the guns left but I intend to leave these till I have finished weathering.....as I'm likely to snap them off!). 

IMG_20181004_192504

Now comes the time to concentrate on weathering the beast😬.

• Like 15

She's looking great, Shelliecool. Like most here I have one of these awaiting my attentions (just bought some Resin and PE for her, in fact) and your excellent example sets the bar to "super high" for us all!

Looking forward to seeing her weathered and finished. She's gonna be a real beaut.

Kev

• Thanks 1

I began weathering by gently airbrushing some exhaust stains to the underside of the wings, this is the first time I have airbrushed these and I was pretty happy with the results. Once dry I mixed up some black and rust weathering powder with a little decal fix and water, and ran a pin wash down the panel lines. I only wanted to lightly weather the build, I am aware she is a battle scarred beast but I didn't want to go ott. Once dry I added the guns, and antenna before satin varnishing the paintwork (I have left the bare metal gloss). So the build is complete, it has been an epic journey, lots of masking and airbrushing but I am pretty pleased with the results.

IMG_20181007_141838

IMG_20181007_141852IMG_20181007_141912IMG_20181007_142000IMG_20181007_142448

I will post some more photos in the ready for inspection forum, thanks as always for joining me, for your advice and support!

• Like 14

Lovely Job, Shelliecool. She looks like she's got a couple of missions in after a major overhaul. And it lets us all see the patchwork quilt of repairs that Little Miss Mischief became.

Kev

• Thanks 1

That's as good a Fortress build as I have seen in a very long while Michelle. Very well played that woman!

Martian 👽

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Grand job. Top drawer stuff. Hmmm a lancaster you say? :popcorn:

Johnny.

Thank you! Well it was a choice between Halifax, Lanc, Wellington or Shackleton. I've gone for the Shackleton this time.

Thanks again,

Michelle

• Like 2