Revell B-17G Flying Fortress.

8 minutes ago, Vicarage Vee said:

Thanks for that tip, the instructions would have you paint it NATO-Olive/yellow!

I will do a quick mask and splash some silver on.

Thanks,

Michelle

• Like 1

And so the time came to begin applying the many decals to the build. Armed with my trusty micro sol and some cotton buds I set to work. The decals seem pretty nice quality, not too thick but equally not tearing at the first touch, and they settled well with the micro sol. So far I have done both sides of the fuselage and tail, and the top side of the wings. The underside of the wings has thousands of tiny decals, as I have been sat for hours doing the rest I have decided to break and give my eyes a rest🤪.

IMG_20180923_200629

IMG_20180923_200644

More to follow soon.

• Like 20

13 hours ago, 06/24 said:

Really looking good. Is the Quick shine stuff the floor polish from Lakeland? Does it work like Future used to?

Yeah it is the floor polish from Lakeland, I've never used Future but Quite shine (I believe) does exactly the same job as Future. I fine it works brilliantly, it brushes on smoothly (I brush my gloss, but airbrush my satin) and dries really nicely. I'd definitely recommend it.

Thanks,

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Over the last couple of evenings I have been airbrushing the components of the undercarriage, tyres and wheels, along with the props. Today, I began to assemble the undercarriage and fix it to the aircraft. The tail wheel strut went in with ease and is nice and secure.

IMG_20180930_141436

The front struts were an absolute nightmare! They are thin and spindly in places, the holes for their tabs to go into in the wheel wells are non existent, and even with my small(ISH) hands it's a tiny space to work in. However, with a lot of repeated attempts, jiggling, and a nasty temper rising (apologies to my son here), I finally have them in place. 

IMG_20180930_141414

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Tonight the mighty bird is resting on her wheels for the first time.......

IMG_20181001_220447IMG_20181001_220436

What an awesome aircraft the B17 is, I am looking forward to seeing how she sits next to a Lanc when I get around to building the one iny stash. Anyway, props to go on next and the few remaining finishing touches before weathering and varnish.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1