This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

rafalbert

1/72 Bristol Blenheim IV

Hi Adrian,

Yes, it has taken all my resolve not to let it fly through the window! If this was not a GB this would be going to the shelf...

Ok guys, I will definitely not finish this in time as my father has unfortunately been admitted to hospital with pneumonia and I willbe travelling up to Yorkshire tonight to see him. He is 81 and a cantankerous old git, so I need to put some things in place to support him.

I have managed to spray sky on the undersides, so will continue with it as and when I return, however all being well I will be flying to California on holiday next Saturday which will delay things further. Such is life. Anyway, I will post more pics along the way showing the progress but obviously will not make it into the gallery. 😔

IMG_20181013_124120

Hope everything goes as well as possible. Look forward to seeing this in WIP or KUTA!

Regards,

Adrian

Best wishes to the cantankerous old git and look forward to seeing the finished article even if it is beyond the end date.

John.

Here's wishing him a speedy recovery.

hopefully all goes well and enjoy your holiday.

Family first mate.

Fingers crossed your dad makes a speedy recovery 

cheers Pat

Like your other mates have mentioned, modelling always takes 2nd place to family matters so here's to a speedy Dad recovery from me as well. I'm sure he was probably your modelling inspiration at the very start, so building him a kit of his favourite subject might cheer him up a little. 

Thanks for taking part and please show us your completed Blenheim when you get to finish it off.. Dave 

Many thanks for your sentiments guys. He mainly looks like this at the moment:

IMG_20181014_130225

But when he wakes up I will pass on your wishes.

Dave

Hi guys,

I am back home, my father is slowly improving. I have managed to spray the dark earth but that is it prior to going on holiday tomorrow. I will crack on with the old girl on my return.

IMG_20181018_184451

Great news! (Both dad and model) 👍

Back from holiday and my father is also home and recovering well. I have made a little progress and will now crack on to get this finished asap; I have the KUTA GB kit lurking in the corner ready for the Sunday start date...

IMG_20181030_212156

Hi Guys,

I have finally finished the old girl, despite a nozzle giving up on me and dumping almost a potful of matt varnish in one shot (I had never seen it happen before). Anyway, it is not a patch on the new tool kit but has scrubbed up reasonably well, and I am quite pleased with the fact that this is the first time I have successfully used a vacform canopy.

IMG_20181130_135602IMG_20181130_135633IMG_20181130_135615

Very nice I’d say! The vac form canopy does transform it. Having built both Airfix versions I’m fonder of the old kit (God knows why). Hope your Dad is doing well too.

Regards,

Adrian

It's nice to be able to return to this end of the forum, even nicer to see it contains good news all round!

Well done on seeing the build to completion and good news regarding Dad.

Tony.

Thanks for your comments guys. My father is ok, he is home but still has a hacking cough. Definitely still a grumpy old git.....