1/72 Bristol Blenheim IV

Ok guys, I will definitely not finish this in time as my father has unfortunately been admitted to hospital with pneumonia and I willbe travelling up to Yorkshire tonight to see him. He is 81 and a cantankerous old git, so I need to put some things in place to support him.

I have managed to spray sky on the undersides, so will continue with it as and when I return, however all being well I will be flying to California on holiday next Saturday which will delay things further. Such is life. Anyway, I will post more pics along the way showing the progress but obviously will not make it into the gallery. 😔

IMG_20181013_124120

• Sad 6

Like your other mates have mentioned, modelling always takes 2nd place to family matters so here's to a speedy Dad recovery from me as well. I'm sure he was probably your modelling inspiration at the very start, so building him a kit of his favourite subject might cheer him up a little. 

Thanks for taking part and please show us your completed Blenheim when you get to finish it off.. Dave 

• Like 3

Hi guys,

I am back home, my father is slowly improving. I have managed to spray the dark earth but that is it prior to going on holiday tomorrow. I will crack on with the old girl on my return.

IMG_20181018_184451

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Back from holiday and my father is also home and recovering well. I have made a little progress and will now crack on to get this finished asap; I have the KUTA GB kit lurking in the corner ready for the Sunday start date...

IMG_20181030_212156

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have finally finished the old girl, despite a nozzle giving up on me and dumping almost a potful of matt varnish in one shot (I had never seen it happen before). Anyway, it is not a patch on the new tool kit but has scrubbed up reasonably well, and I am quite pleased with the fact that this is the first time I have successfully used a vacform canopy.

IMG_20181130_135602IMG_20181130_135633IMG_20181130_135615

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...