2019 Groupbuild programme - now with dates!

On 01/10/2018 at 22:43, Enzo Matrix said:

One month to go before the start of the poll.

There are currently 8 GBs chasing 9 slots.  There might not be a need for a poll...

I'd be ready to let "somebody" :whistle: announce when the 9th proposal hits the required 30 member- mark that they are the 2019 Group Builds. Please note there should not be any of mine among them, so I'm neutral in writing this. Just to avoid the vote I haven't signed on several proposals, though I'd probably join them should they become Future GB:s. Lazy, undemocratic me... :coolio:

V-P

• Haha 2

On 01/10/2018 at 21:43, Enzo Matrix said:

One month to go before the start of the poll.

There are currently 8 GBs chasing 9 slots.  There might not be a need for a poll...

Good morning

Well I wouldn't be disapointed if the 8 GBs get qualified without having to pass the poll they are all very interesting ..

And it would also save Enzo the work of managing the poll ..

Cheers

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 10:24 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Perhaps just keep the eight, but extend them all a little. That will give us all a little extra breathing space? 

Either way, I’m happy.

Cheers.. Dave

Now that would be an excellent solution if we only have 12 get enough support.

this is actually a great opportunity for those GB's which have been trying to get through the voting stage for the past couple of years but keep missing out to have their chance, then next year we virtually start with a clean slate. It would be nice to see some different topics get through rather than the second, third or even fourth iterations of the same GB's continuously getting done. Don't get me wrong I join them and build for them too but would like to see something different for a change which might get some of us to look at subjects that we usually wouldn't.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

this is actually a great opportunity for those GB's which have been trying to get through the voting stage for the past couple of years but keep missing out to have their chance, then next year we virtually start with a clean slate.

An excellent idea! 

I can provide ten GB slots for 2019, if that is acceptable.  This would mean that at some points during the year (early March; April and early May; a single week in each of August and September) there would be eight GBs and STGBs running concurrently.

If we go down this route, it means that we dispense with a poll for next year.  The current nine with a +++ designator would go through.  I would also add the Small Wars GB, which would incorporate such subjects as the Spanish Civil war proposal and the Continuation War proposal, One minor issue is that the Small Wars GB would need to have a clear set of criteria for eligibility.

This proposal would clear the decks for 2020.  There would be no GBs running through with a bye.  

It would also mean that the bunfight for dates could start a month earlier.  That means an extra month's notice and prep time for those GB's that start in January and February.

Comments?   Bouquets or brickbats? 

• Like 15

I'd be happy to have both the Spanish Civil War and Continuation War as an integral part of the Small Wars GB if everyone else finds that a satisfactory solution.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Col. said:

I'd be happy to have both the Spanish Civil War and Continuation War as an integral part of the Small Wars GB if everyone else finds that a satisfactory solution.

Having read through the Small Wars GB thread I'm happy to peg it down as any armed action outwith the traditional deffinitions of the First and Second World War with an accent on encouraging small and relatively unknown conficts to be given attention.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

An excellent idea! 

I can provide ten GB slots for 2019, if that is acceptable.  This would mean that at some points during the year (early March; April and early May; a single week in each of August and September) there would be eight GBs and STGBs running concurrently.

If we go down this route, it means that we dispense with a poll for next year.  The current nine with a +++ designator would go through.  I would also add the Small Wars GB, which would incorporate such subjects as the Spanish Civil war proposal and the Continuation War proposal, One minor issue is that the Small Wars GB would need to have a clear set of criteria for eligibility.

This proposal would clear the decks for 2020.  There would be no GBs running through with a bye.  

It would also mean that the bunfight for dates could start a month earlier.  That means an extra month's notice and prep time for those GB's that start in January and February.

Comments?   Bouquets or brickbats? 

Great idea Enzo

Personally I'd be happy to see this idea go ahead if it's what the majority are happy with. And as others have also said it would be good to have a clean slate for the 2020 poll.

James

Enzo the Ever Wise and Benevolent has come up with a superb solution. 

Sod a Poll this is common sense.

To keep things real in 2020 and beyond may I suggest that the threshold for GBs be raised further and, once the support is there, they get the next available slot as STGBs currently do. This would avoid the poll, maybe have more supporters actually join in with the Builds they support as their current commitments will be known so they can avoid being in too many at once, and possibly limit how far ahead the calender runs. It should also mean that more inclusive GBs build support faster than the more restrictive ones. Merging three similar ones together into Small Wars is a great example.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a great plan to me

I'm up for it, Just need to sort myself out with the dates ASAP as I think I may be busy at some points of the year and time management isn't one of my best attributes ;)  

Ian

There is a proposal for a 50th anniversary of the 'First Moon Landing' was there any though of making room for a special GB considering it is a significant event....assuming you believe it actually happened that is😉

The SCW as I have been remonstrated by Antoine, deserves a dedicated GB, so come on, those of you who signed up previously, sign up again - that means you @Antoine

And others - you know who you are :fight:

Edited by Wez

Enzo's proposal sounds good for this year. 

I count 10 proposed GBs marked +++ though (plus FROG), not 9.  Is that right?  Luckily there were no more, otherwise I'd have had to have taken my socks off.