2019 Groupbuild programme - now with dates!

In three months time, the poll for the 2019 GB programme will start.  If your favourit GB has passed the threshold, can you let me know so I can get it on the ballot.

Also, we don't have any STGBs planned yet for 2019.  Again, if your STGB has passed the threshold, let me know.  STGBs don't go into a poll. Instead there is a first past the post policy. 

Edit:  I'm talking bobbins about the STGBs.  There are six planned for 2019 with two slots still up for grabs.   I'll be looking to programme STGBs for 2020.  Scary, eh?  :yikes: 

• Like 2

Thanks Enzo, 

I’ve currrently got a ‘potential’ 47 entrants for my “In the year I was born” GB - 

Can you please add this into the voting box. 

Cheers.. Dave (Established 1970)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I’ve currrently got a ‘potential’ 47 entrants for my “In the year I was born” GB - 

Can you please add this into the voting box.

Already done!  The +++ prefix shows that it's on the ballot.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The ballot for 2019 currently stands at 7 GBs.  There are nine planned slots available.

80s Front line Asia
The Year That I Was Born
Lockheed GB
Film, Fictional and Speculative GB
75th Anniversary of D Day
50s NATO v Warsaw Pact

Sharkmouth GB

If your favourite GB has passed the threshold of 35 30 interested parties but is not included on this list, please let me know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Has’nt @JOCKNEY‘s Classic Frog GB qualified as yet?? With the popularity of the Matchbox II and now Classic Airfix GB’s both nearing the 130 build mark, I would have thought this one would have been a shoe in by now? I’m quite keen - anyone else? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Has’nt @JOCKNEY‘s Classic Frog GB qualified as yet?? With the popularity of the Matchbox II and now Classic Airfix GB’s both nearing the 130 build mark, I would have thought this one would have been a shoe by now? I’m quite keen - anyone else? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Dave

Still haven't got enough votes for the FROG GB, however the Flying Boat & Floatplanes one now has its 30 supporters 

:partytime:

Hi Enzo

Please put this one on the list

cheers Pat

6 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Dave

Still haven't got enough votes for the FROG GB, however the Flying Boat & Floatplanes one now has its 30 supporters......

Where are you at with the Frog GB Pat? We could remind some of the guys and gals over at the Classic Airfix GB to show their interest for this one. Good to see your Floatimg GB has crossed the line. I don’t think I’ve added my name to the hat, although am sure I’ve got a few in the stach. One to vote up for I’m sure. 

Cheers.. Dave

5 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Where are you at with the Frog GB Pat? We could remind some of the guys and gals over at the Classic Airfix GB to show their interest for this one. Good to see your Floatimg GB has crossed the line. I don’t think I’ve added my name to the hat, although am sure I’ve got a few in the stach. One to vote up for I’m sure. 

Cheers.. Dave

Brilliant thanks Dave

I will pop a note on the Classic Airfix GB as you suggest. It would be very disappointing if it didn't make it

thanks again Pat

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 9:59 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Has’nt @JOCKNEY‘s Classic Frog GB qualified as yet?? With the popularity of the Matchbox II and now Classic Airfix GB’s both nearing the 130 build mark, I would have thought this one would have been a shoe by now? I’m quite keen - anyone else? 

Cheers.. Dave 

He has now !

:yahoo:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

He has now !

:yahoo:

I just might celebrate this by splashing out on a Frog Kit later today!!

Well done Pat, see I' knew some of our Classic Airfix and Matchbox folk would be keen to play again. It all makes sence now.

Hopefully we can have an "All other Classic makes" GB for 2020 and then roll through the cycle again - i.e. Matchbox 2021, Airfix 2022, Frog 2023, All other 2024 - I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself now aren't I.??

Oh - I can also recommend an experienced Build List 'host' should you like one?

Cheers.. Dave  

• Like 1

Cheers.. Dave  

oh dear, oh dear.........you've broken one of the fundamental rules of basic training; never, ever, volunteer.

Next rule; always look busy when the W/O looks or comes your way

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I just might celebrate this by splashing out on a Frog Kit later today!!

Well done Pat, see I' knew some of our Classic Airfix and Matchbox folk would be keen to play again. It all makes sence now.

Hopefully we can have an "All other Classic makes" GB for 2020 and then roll through the cycle again - i.e. Matchbox 2021, Airfix 2022, Frog 2023, All other 2024 - I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself now aren't I.??

Cheers.. Dave  

Hi Dave

I would be honoured if you would join me as co host.

As to other Classic makes GB, let's not forget Revell, Monogram, Heller.

It might be an idea to include a Classic make build every year but, we would need to find a grown up to suggest it to Enzo, that probably leaves you and I out then !

cheers Pat

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Dave

I would be honoured if you would join me as co host - The pleasure would be all mine, I'm in!

As to other Classic makes GB, let's not forget Revell, Monogram, Heller. - Yep, these makes would all be included, we would just need a cut-off year like we have for the Airfix one.

It might be an idea to include a Classic make build every year but, we would need to find a grown up to suggest it to Enzo, that probably leaves you and I out then ! - Never a truer word has ever been written!!

cheers Pat

Pat, responses above in RED

Now isn't it about time you grabbed your Dummy and Blanket and had a wee nap nap? There's a good little boy!!  

Cheers.. Dave

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

we would need to find a grown up to suggest it to Enzo

That's always assuming that Enzo can be considered to be a grown up...

To be honest though, I've been considering something along similar lines...

• Like 5

On 9/8/2018 at 7:05 PM, JOCKNEY said:

As to other Classic makes GB, let's not forget Revell, Monogram, Heller.

On 9/9/2018 at 1:09 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

To be honest though, I've been considering something along similar lines...

Speaking as a member of the Monogram Mafia I 2nd the idea. As for a cut-off Date for Monogram why not 1990 ? This would incorporate most of there classic kits. This would include the century series, as well as the larger multi-engine aircraft. 

Dennis

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Speaking as a member of the Monogram Mafia I 2nd the idea. As for a cut-off Date for Monogram why not 1990 ? This would incorporate most of there classic kits. This would include the century series, as well as the larger multi-engine aircraft. 

Dennis

I like it. Not being too familiar with Monogram kits I just plucked 1980 out of the air. If 1990 is a better fit then why not. OMG - just realised that’ll still be 30+ year old kits!! 

Cheers. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Enzo, was there not a sort-of scheme to allow one or two non-main modelling GBs a bye into the voting?

I seem to remember that the likes of Ships, AFVs, Figures, Vehicles could get into the voting even if they didn't make the 30 victim count.

I believe it was to give the modellers who prefer doing those subjects only a fair play

Would you consider allowing this as a GB under those conditions?