60 cm mortar being unloaded from rail transport.

Hi  this 1 72 scale diorama is the 60 c m morter being unloaded from its rail transporter along with other items to get ready for firing .

The first photo is the kits used, and the dio is  three foot four inches long.

Hope you like Bazer.

karl kits 004DSCN6339karl dios (4)DSCN6343DSCN6341DSCN6340DSCN6338DSCN6336DSCN6309DSCN6308DSCN6307DSCN6315DSCN6306DSCN6312DSCN6313DSCN6314DSCN6312DSCN6311DSCN6310DSCN6303DSCN6344DSCN6335DSCN6333DSCN6331DSCN6322DSCN6324DSCN6323DSCN6327DSCN6326DSCN6328

• Like 21

• Mike changed the title to 60 cm mortar being unloaded from rail transport.
1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Another fabulous diorama.

You say it's 1/72nd, my brain says it must be bigger.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks guys more to come....let me know when you get fed up of them!.

• Like 1

That is singularly awesome Bazer!  :coolio:

The way you've split the diorama is just brilliant.....I think this may be new favourite of your pieces (although the Paris gun is still a close contender). 

PS - Sgt.Squarehead's list of stuff that ain't gonna happen:

#1:

5 hours ago, bazer said:

let me know when you get fed up of them!.

#2:

See #1 Above. etc.  ;)

• Like 1

Nice one Bazer. Sgt Squarehead suggested I talk to you, I now see why. We obviously enjoy the same challenges 😊 I've just re-started on a Br52 dio that has been stalled for around 9 months.

I see you found the camo pattern with Grey, Yellow and RedBrown as irresistable as I did. Though I'm going to do one railcar in plain old grey for a bit of contrast.

Fantastic work, and I too love the sheer amount of detail in the dio. One of those presentations that you see something new almost every time you look at it.

Cheers

Kev

9 hours ago, modelman182 said:

Nice one Bazer. Sgt Squarehead suggested I talk to you, I now see why. We obviously enjoy the same challenges 😊 I've just re-started on a Br52 dio that has been stalled for around 9 months.

I see you found the camo pattern with Grey, Yellow and RedBrown as irresistable as I did. Though I'm going to do one railcar in plain old grey for a bit of contrast.

Fantastic work, and I too love the sheer amount of detail in the dio. One of those presentations that you see something new almost every time you look at it.

Cheers

Kev

Thanks Kev , I  have seen what you are planning  and looks good will be watching progress .

I see you are adding a gun to the tender I could not find any reference pics to this but saw it on a 1 35 scale model and it looks just right ( artistic licence and all that ) one point about the sleepers from the kit before you go too far with them check width with loco wheels, i am not 100 percent shure as I have made a few 1 72 loco kits but i think after building loco it would not fit on tracks!!!.

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Bazer

1 hour ago, bazer said:

Thanks Kev , I  have seen what you are planning  and looks good will be watching progress .

I see you are adding a gun to the tender I could not find any reference pics to this but saw it on a 1 35 scale model and it looks just right ( artistic licence and all that ) one point about the sleepers from the kit before you go too far with them check width with loco wheels, i am not 100 percent shure as I have made a few 1 72 loco kits but i think after building loco it would not fit on tracks!!!.

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Bazer

Hi Bazer

I suspect we both saw the a-a gun on the same model thread. I thought it looked so neat that I just had to do it 😊

Thanks for the 'heads-up'. I already had my suspicions about the track width and checked the loco wheels against it when I first got the kit. All of my wheels will need a small bit of plastic card as a spacer between the axle halves. It looks okay on the track then, and the gap between the wheel and the chassis is not significant, though I've just realised that I may not have checked the conrods - oops! Will do that this week and see where to go from there. I've also checked both of my wagons against the Trumpeter track, and they are (fortunately) fine.

Was looking at your pics again earlier and I think I've spotted an 'alien' amongst the pictures. Picture number 20 (between the close up of the Br52 front with platform/buffers/damaged building and the top down shot of the boiler/cab/tender of the Br52) seems to be of the front end of a Br86. It must have been jealous of the bigger engine and tried to sneak in and get some of its thunder?😉

Time to go build and paint some more...

Cheers

Kev

41 minutes ago, modelman182 said:

Hi Bazer

I suspect we both saw the a-a gun on the same model thread. I thought it looked so neat that I just had to do it 😊

Thanks for the 'heads-up'. I already had my suspicions about the track width and checked the loco wheels against it when I first got the kit. All of my wheels will need a small bit of plastic card as a spacer between the axle halves. It looks okay on the track then, and the gap between the wheel and the chassis is not significant, though I've just realised that I may not have checked the conrods - oops! Will do that this week and see where to go from there. I've also checked both of my wagons against the Trumpeter track, and they are (fortunately) fine.

Was looking at your pics again earlier and I think I've spotted an 'alien' amongst the pictures. Picture number 20 (between the close up of the Br52 front with platform/buffers/damaged building and the top down shot of the boiler/cab/tender of the Br52) seems to be of the front end of a Br86. It must have been jealous of the bigger engine and tried to sneak in and get some of its thunder?😉

Time to go build and paint some more...

Cheers

Kev

Hi Kev glad you sorted the wheels .

Well spotted  that man your the first ! The shot is from another train dio I posted last week if you want to look it's a v 2 rocket being transported also below that is a armoured train dio.

Bazer

• 2 weeks later...