Su-9 Fishpot 16 Red PVO eastern Europe - finished 1/48

These new photos really do display the quality of your paintwork to great advantage Werner - lovely work. I'd say leave it as is without weathering.

On 9/4/2018 at 8:21 AM, Lex77 said:

Some nice painting!
What Alclad colours did you use? And did you seal the paint before you masked it?

thanks!

so, I used 3 shades of Alcald II namely Polished Aluminium (a bit of an overkill as I did not gloss base paint the model ), Airframe Aluminium as the main color  and Burnt Iron and mixed those three to my liking.....

I probably should have sealed the paint, but after the first masking and repainting the masking tape area ;) I simply waited 2 more days and did not have issues after :)

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent work! Being rather partial to Soviet designs (my avatar of Marshal Zhukov and my subtitle of 'Il-2 Shturmovik Anorak' are a bit of a giveaway), it's always great to see  nicely-done Soviet aircraft. I've worked mostly on Soviet GPW aircraft, but I'm expanding out into the post-war fighters (and bombers), and I do like the big Sukhoi's (Su-9, Su-11, and Su-15) and the big MiG's (Ye-150, Ye-152, Ye-152A, MiG-25, and MiG-31). Some people dismiss them as 'aluminium tubes' but I rather like the brute, powerful simplicity of their appearance, a bit like the E.E. Lightning in a way (which I've always felt would have made a good Soviet design - turn the thrust up to eleven, and forget about manoeuvrability!).

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1