Fairey Albacore Mk I, 36 Sqn, RAF Seletar, 1942

Lovely build again Russ, top notch!

But I am obliged to say it's an ugly thing. Is it one of those that flew following the laws of aerodynamics, or was it just repelled by the ground? 😉

Cheers

John

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That looks lovely Russ and (for what we know) an extremely convincing example of one of these Squadrons aircraft. The fact that no period photos exist and you chose to tackle it puts this into the ‘bar room chat’ type of modelling where we all hypothesise but in the end applaud and acknowledge your fine work. 

I agree it’s not whiif-ery but something that I can’t place a better name for at the moment. 

Cheers and well modelled .. Dave 

• Like 1

Russ,

What an incredible build- all around! The detailing, finish, and photography are outstanding. If you had posed these in black and white, it would have been very hard not to tell it was a real Albacore instead of a model. I am soooo impressed!

Mike

• Like 1

I think that looks spot on, I'd be surprised if the real thing looked much different!

• Like 1

Beautiful job!

You call it an "attempt" but I would call it totally nailed!

Nothing to do with the execution, but the type looks rather like the offspring of a Swordfish and a Lysander! 😁

Anyway, a really nice build.

:clap:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Viking said:

Lovely build again Russ, top notch!

But I am obliged to say it's an ugly thing. Is it one of those that flew following the laws of aerodynamics, or was it just repelled by the ground? 😉

Cheers

John

But I am obliged to say it's an ugly thing. Is it one of those that flew following the laws of aerodynamics, or was it just repelled by the ground?

Yeah, but its Mother loved it ! 🙂

Cheers John and to everyone for your really positive posts and likes, appreciated