This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

Telford 2018

20 hours ago, robvulcan said:

what’s not to like :) (oh yea the price of bacon sandwiches haha)

The fact that it's only for two days!

Personally, I can't enjoy looking at a good model only once. 🤔 I want at least 30 minutes to enjoy it😲

44 minutes ago, Anthony Kesterton said:

Brilliant photos - thank you for posting those!

Yes indeed. great selection and I can't believe how many of them I missed.   Thanks for choosing so many of mine too............

On 10/10/2018 at 7:42 PM, Martian Hale said:

Now you're sorry aren't you Karen? we can all make a stab at your age now!

On a more serious note, there is also the fact that there has been a marked increase in people getting rather aggressive in their attitude to the competition and using it for commercial purposes. I was on the receiving end of some very sustained and very aggressive abuse and accusations last year which pretty much ruined the weekend for me. The fallout, believe it or not, is still going on and has had me thinking twice about even attending the event. This perception has been confirmed to me by the Comp Sec and I want no part of it. Seeing as the fun has been sucked out of this part of the event, it seems a good time to call it a day.

Martian 👽

Hello Dear tentacled one !

As I told you last year, this kind of behaviour is really current here in competition ! That's one of the reasons for me to quit judging too.

Sadly, some modellers saw a contest as a matter of life and death, methink, they are seeing themselves far more too seriously... To say the last !

I had a friend in the club, I used to be a member, good guy, really ! but when the day of the contest grew closer, he did became a complete paranoïd !!

Hiding his build, dreading that someone will have the idea of presenting the same build...😠

Whatever !!

I mean and repeat that I fully understand your way !!

Remind me of a contest in which I was judging.. the prez of our club came to me and say that I must change my vote and offer a gold medal to a guy from another club !

Just because they have been warmly welcomed when they attend their contest !! 

Obviously, I did'nt comply !! I cannot give a gold to a kit that did'nt deserve it just because the builder has offered a beer or 2 to our prez !!

On 10/10/2018 at 9:57 PM, perdu said:

If you wish to stand behind me Martian I think my bulk and generally 'sodyou' attitude will keep stupid aggressors at bay

And except for providing the Branch entry I have also retired from the Competitions Scene so we can reminisce at our leisure, possibly 'test tasting' donations from Corsaircorp too

You know where I will be chum, I'm hoping we will get visits from Steve and Debs, to name only two of the many possibles, during the day

Hey Dear colleague !

THAT will be fun !! Imagine Telford 2019, with the Martian back in judging with you and me standing on his sides !!

Believe me Dear ETI, Nobody will even think about telling something bad to you !!

Let's at least try to post a picture like that next year !

Cap'tain Martian with AA and Touring bodyguards !!

And then back to test tasting some rocket fuel 

Huh Bill that sound perfect for me, what do you think about ??

Really Friends, I sorely missed SMW this year !

Now I warmly thank all the guys who posted piccies and videos !!

That's great chaps !! Thank again !

Sincerely.

CC

Edited by corsaircorp
correction

5 hours ago, Shalako said:

The fact that it's only for two days!

Personally, I can't enjoy looking at a good model only once. 🤔 I want at least 30 minutes to enjoy it😲

Hello Shalako,

30 minutes ??? You will not have finished in a full year !!

on the other side, You'll be ready for the next SMW....

CC

On 11/11/2018 at 1:41 PM, raptorman0 said:

Hi ,thank you for posting these videos ,wish i had gone even with my broken wrist ,i could have got a taxi there and back .

On 11/11/2018 at 1:41 PM, raptorman0 said:

Hi ,thank you for posting these videos ,wish i had gone even with my broken wrist ,i could have got a taxi there and back .