F-100D Royal Danish Air Force 1963.

Morning Folk's second build will be Italeri/Esci's F 100 RDAF 1963,the kit is still a little beauty and the scheme will be a challenge as NMF and me don't

mix,be a couple of week's before kick off kit should be here in afew day's then I'll post sprues.

42745753225_89aec1b3f4_o.jpg

While ordering I added HB's F-86 sabre in the 1960's Camoflaged Black Tulip scheme (only £4:50) so may due to it's being an easy-kit do a third.

• Like 9

An interesting second choice of subject next to your Mi-4 Steve and just as worthy. Danish forces are seldom modelled so I'm glad to see this one in the mix.

11 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Stve

That is another very interesting build that I will follow , no need to say that I like the Hun ..

Cheers

Patrice

5 hours ago, Col. said:

An interesting second choice of subject next to your Mi-4 Steve and just as worthy. Danish forces are seldom modelled so I'm glad to see this one in the mix.

Thank's Patrice and Col,Fleming's post set me on a search for build review's of the kit I found a decent shot of the decal's and although not 100%

correct the dimension's are much better than the profile on the box would suggest,I also came across this photo,it appear's they got pretty scruffy

even before they went green.

42944078214_ab01f0a3b2_b.jpg

• Like 9

On 26/07/2018 at 11:31, modelling minion said:

Great choice Steve, can't beat a Hun.

Have a check to see if the finish in silver lacquer rather than natural metal in which case it will be easier to apply, I can't remember off hand which finish it is in.

16 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I found a decent shot of the decal's and although not 100%

correct the dimension's are much better than the profile on the box would suggest,I also came across this photo,it appear's they got pretty scruffy

even before they went green.

Great choice, I do like a Hun! :whistle:

I was going to say something about the rear areas of the fuselage being in NMF on silver lacquer painted aircraft (or more correctly, the paint burnt off of those areas), but a picture paints a thousand words, even in silver paint they were tatty!

• Like 2

Hi folk'sKit arrived today and all's well in the box,decal's look useable which is good new's so we're ready to go in a couple of week's,

42843202665_d089db29b7_b.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's,same script as the F-86 for this one basic seat and cockpit busied up with decal's.

43263375474_0d04d21497_b.jpg

Once in place and buttoned up not alot is visible,decal's for the IP and sidewall'stoo.

42172937060_21bbe698d7_b.jpg

And testement to the original mold maker's still a superb fit of part's after a good few year's.

29044094967_fceafafb50_b.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's apologies for lack of update's but after cleaning up the seam's and filling a couple of area's(I only want to fit the fuel tanks so filled the

pylon hole's)then primed a light coat of gray,sanded then a second coat of semi-gloss dark gray.Still not decided what silver to try on her.

43624755694_c8834ac2fb_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Hi folk's,this is the stage silver and me always fall out but after three coat's of Tamiya silver I'm leaving well alone and calling it done.I didn't

fix the tailplanes in place as I now have to replicate the tarnished rear fuselage.

44314055392_9375fcb8a6_b.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

So very shiny.  I think I'll have to switch to Tamiya Silver.  Mighty nice work there!

It's  Tamiya rattle can silver John.

6 hours ago, Col. said:

B) Nice smooth coat of silver. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do the heated rear fuselage effects.

Me too Col,not worked out how to do it yet!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, zebra said:

Very nice shiny finish Steve. Which silver is it? I sometimes use decanted AS-12, which airbrushes very nicely

Thank's Z,many apologies just checked the can for the number it's Humbrol's silver I must have changed my mind I know I had Tamiya,s in my hand

at one point.