Release the Hound's-Mi-4.

Hi folk's after overstretching myself with mainly 1/48 builds for recent and ongoing GB's time to pump the brakes and go back to smaller scale build's for this

GB,first up is the Hobbyboss Mi-4 NATO reporting name Hound,Never built this aircraft before but have a couple of HB chopper's in the collection and they do

build well,be a couple of week's before I start sprue shot's when the kit arrives.

43602118292_029dd0765e_o.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

Delighted to see you've gone with this one commrade and I'm looking forward to seeing the sprue shots as well as the updates once you get started.

• Like 1

Nice choice Steve. I fell for the Mi-4 when I saw one in a museum a couple of years ago and I’ve been thinking about getting this kit ever since, so will be following 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Love the look of this helicopter Steve and not having built one I'm really keen to see how you get on with it.

1 hour ago, zebra said:

Nice choice Steve. I fell for the Mi-4 when I saw one in a museum a couple of years ago and I’ve been thinking about getting this kit ever since, so will be following 

5 hours ago, Col. said:

Delighted to see you've gone with this one commrade and I'm looking forward to seeing the sprue shots as well as the updates once you get started.

Thank's Guy's looking forward to this one too especially as I've never built one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Kit arrived today and didn't dissappoint,HB really do nice work on these 1/72 Helicopter's,be a couple of week's before the start.

43031524944_0ddd474ecb_b.jpg

Looks nice. Really starting to want one!

• Like 3

Yes i like this  helicopter too, i think I'll get one of these, i see  on the box it builds up to quite a size, are there any other schemes in the box steve? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hewy said:

Yes i like this  helicopter too, i think I'll get one of these, i see  on the box it builds up to quite a size, are there any other schemes in the box steve? 

Two scheme's Glynn,Russian and Chinese included,I'm a big fan of HB's Helicopter's I really should build a few more that said the Boeing Vertol was

a poor kit with regard's the front glazing I binned it,the Hip and Hoplite are superb looking kit's think I might order them soon.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:26 PM, stevej60 said:

the Hip and Hoplite are superb looking kit's think I might order them soon.

Be careful with the Hip's Steve.

As they come they can only be built as Mi-17's not Mi-8's, pay no attention to what the box tells you as the contents of both kits are identical, nice Mi-17's but definitely NOT Mi-8's. At least what we in the West call Mi-17's, the Russians call them all Mi-8's and vary the model, anything after the Mi-8 MT is what we call an Mi-17.

• Like 1

I've been so tempted by this kit, but the interior needs a lot of work if you are going to open it up to show it's full splendour (& hugeness).  :unsure:

Look forward to see what you do with it, fear it might end up costing me quite lot of money!  ;)

• Like 1

On 05/08/2018 at 22:30, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I've been so tempted by this kit, but the interior needs a lot of work if you are going to open it up to show it's full splendour (& hugeness).  :unsure:

Look forward to see what you do with it, fear it might end up costing me quite lot of money!  ;)

Thank's Sarge,I can't find a lot of interior photo's of the Mi-4,they seem tobe finished in light gray rather than the light blue/green I had assumed.

One of the local online model shops which I occasionally buy paint from has a loyalty points programme. I needed to order some Alclad and had $12 worth of points. And they had the Mi-4 on special offer at $12. I now have the Mi-4! Will be following Steve's build, not sure if mine will make it into this GB (might be tempted to convert it into the passenger version).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zebra said:

One of the local online model shops which I occasionally buy paint from has a loyalty points programme. I needed to order some Alclad and had $12 worth of points. And they had the Mi-4 on special offer at $12. I now have the Mi-4! Will be following Steve's build, not sure if mine will make it into this GB (might be tempted to convert it into the passenger version).

Just sprayed the interior today Z, I'll post an update soon it's a great little kit sure you will enjoy it!

• Like 2

Hi folk's,bit progress today I've painted the fuselage around the windows and will add them next session probably brush the matt coat at

the end to save all the masking,we'll see.

44292573942_e48cfabf63_b.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Col. said:

Looks to be going together well so far Steve. How good is the fit of parts?

Thank's Col,fit is great which seems to be the norm for their  litte helicopter kit's.

• Like 1