1/43 Alfa Romeo TZ2 - Model Factory Hiro

Finally finished my latest 1/43 kit: the MFH Alfa Romeo Tubolare Zagato 2. It's been a wild ride, with major bits dropped and bent, major bits picked up and un-bent and various tiny parts pinged off into the carpet and miraculously rediscovered. Simply put it's one of the most incredible kits I've built, and I'm reasonably happy with the finished model, despite being a bit rough round the edges. I'd certainly do another - but I might need stronger glasses next time. Or maybe something in a larger scale. :phew:

Thanks for watching!

• Like 15

Was such a shame when you dropped it, but you've done a great job of pulling it all back together.

The stand for the bonnet is a good way of overcoming the fact that the chassis bent too much to fit, although it does imply you taking more care on the kit than often happens to the real race cars😉

28751893937_5833a9f33c_c.jpg

(This is from a Ferrari BB512 in case you were wondering, and sorry for the thread derailment)

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Spiny said:

Was such a shame when you dropped it, but you've done a great job of pulling it all back together.

The stand for the bonnet is a good way of overcoming the fact that the chassis bent too much to fit, although it does imply you taking more care on the kit than often happens to the real race cars😉

28751893937_5833a9f33c_c.jpg

(This is from a Ferrari BB512 in case you were wondering, and sorry for the thread derailment)

A NART BB512 in fact: another favorite and yet another MFH kit I'd love to do!

That's stunning, well done

I love cars from that era, but 1/43 would be no use to me with my eyes and sausage fingers

Need to look into some larger scale stuff along the same lines at some point

• Thanks 1

On 03/08/2018 at 16:19, vandellyn said:

It would be very nice to see a photo with the bonnet in place, even if it doesn't fit well. And something beside the car to give a sense of size.

Altogether a master work!

bp

Apologies - been away for a couple of weeks in the sun! Here is a size comparison with a beer bottle top (Blue Moon lager is highly recommended too):

P1060600

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...