Canadian F-86 Aircraft

One HobbyCraft and One Airfix 1/72nd F-86 Mk 5/6 Fixed wing Airfix and slatted wing Hobbycraft.

Scratch-built "Sugar Scoops" on fuselage sides.

Airfix will be a Golden Hawk Demo Bird and Hobbycraft will be Natural Metal Out of box. Problem I just ran into is the Golden Hawk decals will not separate form the backing sheet.

This is the Airfix Kit...Nice ,but truly I'm liken the Hobbycraft better

7dPm7xj.jpg?1

Hobbycraft kit has a few better attributes . Better landing Gear, Better speed Brake interiors, A little easier to construct because not opened panels.

GNOH9IF.jpg?1

I am using the Pavla resin seats.

Left is Eduard Photo-etch, Center is Pavla, Right is Airfix Kit seat (Hobbycraft is a twin of Airfix)

bfcl7qf.jpg?1

These are the Tires I am using one set of Hobby Craft and one set of Pavla Resin.. Resin is the lower set

ykc58zm.jpg?1

Thanks for looking

Comments welcome.

More details in very near future

Cheers

Bill

• Like 6

Bill, what G/H decals are you using??? or trying to use??

These are good decals

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flight-Colours-72A06-Canadian-CL-13A-B-Sabre-Mk-5-6-Golden-Hawk-Service/352349179311?hash=item5209a5cdaf%3Ag%3AuEQAAOSw1~JZOEg1&_sacat=220&_nkw=golden+hawks+decals&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

I have some Flight Colors decals in my collection and they work just wonderfully.........hope this helps...

Jeff

Thanks Guys I will use your suggestions

Jeff...JBOT website states the gentleman had a stroke. Sorry to hear.

Some updated Photos

This is the Hobbycraft with Kit markings

ctZFygn.jpg

Other view

mdquk6v.jpg

Airfix while I obtain Golden Hawk Markings

sKgPLER.jpg

c1rO1WU.jpg

Thanks for Input and Viewing

Bill

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Biggu said:

Bill, what G/H decals are you using??? or trying to use??

These are good decals

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flight-Colours-72A06-Canadian-CL-13A-B-Sabre-Mk-5-6-Golden-Hawk-Service/352349179311?hash=item5209a5cdaf%3Ag%3AuEQAAOSw1~JZOEg1&_sacat=220&_nkw=golden+hawks+decals&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

I have some Flight Colors decals in my collection and they work just wonderfully.........hope this helps...

Jeff

These are what I have

3Lao7CV.png

Thanks for Help

Bill

Jeff

Thanks for Suggestion.

Orded Decals Today

Cheers

Bill

The Sabre Decals are very old.....they were top drawer at their time for sure.............. Dave at Leading Edge made some awesome Sabre decals and I can't recommend them high enough, Flight Colors also were  good................ glad to have been of some help, Bill.... made my day..

Jeff

• Like 1

Bill, Jim Botatis is still making decals..... I'm sure if you contacted him, he would respond.... I Know he is doing some stuff for a buddy of mine for Fire Bombers and RCN Roundels......

Thanks Guys

Flight colors decals are on order and I received a shipping Notice. will keep Jim Botatis in Hip pocket in case of issues.

Thank you all very Much

Bill

• Like 1

Lovely subjects. But I don't think you'll get far with Leading Edge. Not produced anything for a few years now. Very occasionally he re pops a 1/48th set. The website only shows what is available and a gallery.  Very sad as I had lots of communications with him and then all went quiet....

• Like 1

Paul, just email him, he is still there......and yes, his stuff is excellent....... in the past , I liked it so much I usually bought a couple of each, he goes by the name 'darkcloud' on Ebay, if you look for Leading Edge, and he is re-releasing some stuff as time goes on.... nothing really new, but some stuff upgraded, I check his website often , and pick up the odd thing now and again................... one just has to be watching....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Actually the Pavla seat & wheels are way better than the HobbyCraft offerings.

Thanks, Tony. My negative impressions resulted from seeing the lumpy, inconsistent, and dirty Pavla castings shown in Bill's pictures above.

Gene K

I would disagree on the wheels...The hobbycraft gear are crisp and detailed. No treads though. Tha Pavla seat is 100% improvement .

Ebay says my decals have shipped and should Arrive this week. 😄

Cheers

Bill

• Like 1