1-48 Tamiya Bf109G-6

Just finished.  Straight out of the box and a straightforward build.  Finished with (old) Aeromaster paints on top and a mix of Tamiya blues underneath. The interchangeable parts work as advertised.  It's important to be careful of the antenna, pitot and canopy when changing parts.  One thing to note is the decals were very good.  Easy to apply and dropped into the panel lines by using Tamiya Mark Fit decal softener. Lots of stencils too.

Cheers.

ZpsB5Q-JD8hUrYMYQNXzb0FpuFwYye6oz7I8jkd-

dKfxWONG7fQfA9mZnvSMmjSnmmNMOwk0ZCOuwnrR

4_wEUVUAXr83CN_jncIh9QB0trV0KUa6AhqIxWp5

4CKBjmsWbZyZ94EFkI0-5wbixcz1LuXdrRGSrwjV

vOulIqwOkTr9zSj7KSNw21Ye2uL02h0J4BgXBNSl

TS5Igp39NTbkvJY4yt85NuWQIPVmlTgn8Z_y1ktC

NQVGZrlbjTLHtY2kKyQMkF9wLAl-2Qfre8uIjP3D

kYruHH8hDDItFLmv8hZm5OA8-AqOU4Nbvp_8a8Qj

• Like 28

On 7/25/2018 at 4:44 AM, chillaton said:

Looks wonderful, but you appear to have missed the rods that hold the upper cowl open.

Thanks. I have the rods but yes I forgot to pop them in for the pics.  Cheers.

Very neat and tidy. Glad to hear Tamiya decals are better these days. I wish they'd downsize this to 1/72.

Why's the droptank got green camo on it?

• Thanks 1

Bloody tidy 109 there! How did you handle those seat belts? 

Thanks.  I attached the decals to a piece of wine bottle foil which is thicker than kitchen foil.  The edges were touched up with tan paint, next they were cut out and sprayed with clear varnish. Voila!  Not as nice as they newest "soft" belts available but they are no extra cost.

Cheers!

Very neat and tidy. Glad to hear Tamiya decals are better these days. I wish they'd downsize this to 1/72.

Why's the droptank got green camo on it?

Thanks - yes the decals are much improved over years gone by.    Regards the green on the drop tank - well there was a 35 hour period in 1944 when the RLM issued a memo to all forward units in the SE portion of crete  that during the hours of......   Just kidding!   It is a trick of the LED lighting in my booth or a shadow???  The tank is the same shade of blue as the undersides - a mix of Tamiya XF23 light blue and XF19 sky grey.  I can see how it looks green in the pictures but if you look at the top photo in the series which is a bit dark the green patch is not there. I will watch for that effecty in future photo sessions - still lots to learn!

Cheers!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bill Bunting said:

Regards the green on the drop tank - well there was a 35 hour period in 1944 when the RLM issued a memo to all forward units in the SE portion of crete  that during the hours of......   Just kidding!  

Just for a moment all the Luftwaffe modelling 'experten' got very excited! :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...