T-80BVM 1/72 scale conversion

Hi all

This is a conversion I'm doing of the ModelCollect T-80BV kit to a modernised version. The sand coloured resin parts are home-cast pieces and I've used a few bits from other kits - the Zvezda BMPT and T-90A.

A master for the turret reactive armour modules.

musoTTZ.jpg

Turret roof reactive armour

yOq4q4n.jpg

I thinned the turret stowage basket

zqzWONr.jpg

The competed turret

mBpr9LL.jpg

The completed model.

dc9sR6m.jpg

A couple of coats of primer

XzCZ33o.jpg

Edited by alexclark
Tags
  • Like 8

A Modelcollect T-80BV just rolled up at Squarehead Towers.....It's a nice kit with etch included, but no L&L in my boxing, it seems the actual contents of a Modelcollect kit can be a bit of a lottery.  :unsure:

Looking forward to seeing the paintwork develop, what paints do you recommend for the various Russian camo schemes?  :shrug:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Duncan B said:

That sound, that you didn't hear but I did, was my jaw hitting the floor! You hooked me with the first photo (of the ERA Master!). Incredible work and what skill too.

Duncan B

Thanks Duncan! Post war and modern Russian armour is a bit of an obsession of mine so I always try and go the extra mile with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Looking forward to seeing the paintwork develop, what paints do you recommend for the various Russian camo schemes?  :shrug:

I use Tamiya acrylics for the overall green, a mix of Buff, Field Grey and Olive Drab in a 2:1:1 ratio. It's quite light but various weathering steps alter the shade so I allow for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is absolutely stunning!! So neat and tidy and an astounding level of detail.

Almost seems a shame to paint it and hide all the different materials.

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

• 9 months later...