No. 452 (RAAF) Squadron - Spitfires over Europe 1941-42

I appreciate the latest round of comments gents and for the record I kinda fancy the Green - Brown look on Spits as well. 

Cheers and thanks.. Dave 

Gorgeous work! By coincidence I just picked up Anthony Cooper (of Darwin Spitfires fame)'s book on 452 Squadron and Brendan Finucane over Europe in 1941-42. Excellent read so far.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Procopius said:

Gorgeous work! By coincidence I just picked up Anthony Cooper (of Darwin Spitfires fame)'s book on 452 Squadron and Brendan Finucane over Europe in 1941-42. Excellent read so far.

Thanks for the plaudits PC.. Most appreciated. 

I've just re-started reading 'Darwin Spitfires' myself, however did not realise that Anthony Cooper had written another book. I'll have to search for it - and when I do find it, what's the bet it will destract me by delaying my current build and see me starting another Spit or two before this year is out - such an easily led modeller that I am! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I've just re-started reading 'Darwin Spitfires' myself, however did not realise that Anthony Cooper had written another book. I'll have to search for it - and when I do find it, what's the bet it will destract me by delaying my current build and see me starting another Spit or two before this year is out - such an easily led modeller that I am! 

Bad news then...he's written three! One about RAAF squadrons in Bomber Command in 1941-42, the above mentioned, and one about the RAAF and the Kokoda Trail air fighting in 1942.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

..a modeller too according to his amazon bio page

https://www.amazon.com/Anthony-James-Cooper/e/B0041NKRF0/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Thanks for the link... looks like he's also a native of my home town as well.

If Anthony's a modeller, I've probably brushed past him at a local event and didn't even know I had!

Looks as if I may need to open up that wallet and invest in a few more books, now I know these others are out.

Cheers and thanks... Dave

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks for the link... looks like he's also a native of my home town as well.

If Anthony's a modeller, I've probably brushed past him at a local event and didn't even know I had!

Looks as if I may need to open up that wallet and invest in a few more books, now I know these others are out.

If you ever run into him, I am extremely interested in his autograph. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Procopius said:

If you ever run into him, I am extremely interested in his autograph. Just sayin'.

Here's a shout out for the author (and hopefully Britmodeller member) "Anthony Cooper".

We have an autograph request from an esteemed BM member, so if you're attending QMHE on Saturday 25th August, we can hopefully exchange pleasantries. . 

Cheers.. Dave   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil.C said:

Gorgeous work!

BTW I know it was tongue in cheek but Australia and NZ were dominions rather than colonies. 😉

Yeah - I know...

Hey, there's a thought, what about two more Spits - one flown by Kiwi Al Deere and the other by Aussie BoB ace Pat Hughes. I could make a similar base and call it the Dominion Double or Anzacs circa 1940?? That might catch on. 

• Like 2

Top notch work on those two Spits!

As a fellow Brisbane-ite, I reckon our recent "winter" days have been well suited to airbrushing on the back porch.

Anyway, the Spitfires look superb.  Extremely well finished and displayed.

:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, THE_COMBAT_WOMBAT said:

A beautiful set of RAAF Spitfires, wonderful job. Good to see someone making good quality RAAF models, i'd like to see more around.

Great job

Olivier

Thanks for your comments Oliver,

To be honest, for the small nation that we both live in (in Air Force terms) the amount of Aussie content on here is pretty good, but do agree it's always nice to see more - so that's where you and I come in.  

There's also a good forum called Aussie Modeller International, where naturally you will find more topics with an Aussie flavour. If you haven't already, it's worth joining up as well.

Cheers.. Dave

13 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks for your comments Oliver,

To be honest, for the small nation that we both live in (in Air Force terms) the amount of Aussie content on here is pretty good, but do agree it's always nice to see more - so that's where you and I come in.  

There's also a good forum called Aussie Modeller International, where naturally you will find more topics with an Aussie flavour. If you haven't already, it's worth joining up as well.

Cheers.. Dave

Thanks

Olivier