Lysander - Eduard 1/48

Thanks Geoff and Giorgio - I often get like this just after a build's complete; I want to get it done and all I can see is the faults... I'll look again later with fresh eyes and hopefully be more pleased! :) 

• Like 3

Hello  Ced. No need to not put her on the RFI. Something here and there after a few days and everything is fine enough. I also struggle with my ones knowing where the problems, mistakes, etc were. I usualy put them away for a while (sometimes more than a month) and look at it again.  With obviously annoying things I usually do some extra work on it again. Otherwise I leave it as it is, knowing some more mishaps can happen there or I just forgotten, where the mishaps took part. Cheers

Ps.: And you never get it 100% perfect, when you diy, I think.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Dave and Chris - I shall ponder… :) 

Nice one Keith, classic :D 

Steve you're right, I assumed you meant RFI... even I'm happy enough with it not to hold a burial :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whaaa? Finished. Blimey I need to be more attentive. She looks great Ced. Nice to see you agree about the gloss coat, although you know what problems I’ve been having.🤪 another vote for RFI. She’s a little winner. 

Johnny.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Thanks 1

Loverly👍👍, I'm another one with Lizzysoftspotitis and I too have this kit waiting to be finished in the 613 sqn scheme. (As 613 flew from Netherthorpe and Firbeck, S. Yorkshire, and as I'm a founder member of South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum - which was formed at Firbeck, It would be sacrilege to build it as any other😆).

So I've relished watching this one come to fruition.👍

Edited by Radpoe Spitfire
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Radpoe :) I've added the the museum to my 'must visit' list and will certainly pop in next time I'm up that way.

Thanks Sturmovik, kind of you :) 

• Like 1

By all means please come and have a look, the museum is a little treasure, which as well as being the home of 616 sqn, has the only permanent exhibition dedicated to the Falkland cockpit. Nice touch this year was the acquisition of an Auster which was based at Firbeck in 1942, a Finningley based Hs125 Dominie and the restoration of the cockpit of Vulcan XL388- aka Mayflower III.

• Like 1