F-4J Phantom II 1/48 (Zoukei Mura)

Dear Brit modellers,

This is my 3rd model this year, the awesome F-4J Phantom II by Zoukei Mura. The kit is really awesome, Full of details and all parts fits together without gaps.

Aditionally I've purchased several aftermarkets:

• Pilot & operator crew with ejection seats by Aerobonus
  • Resin Exhaust noozles by Eduard
  • Wheels by Eduard

With this model I've tried for the first time to use oil washes to cover the pane lines.

20Zi4oM.jpg

6JbzLWf.jpg

nx1kKxH.jpg

DxudsD5.jpg

qBmBWMX.jpg

xFZwMW7.jpg

bsthT5u.jpg

1pS2VbI.jpg

EycL4IA.jpg

kRVR3vV.jpg

K9hRQQR.jpg

tvGmf98.jpg

OOx8Can.jpg

1Gi5nIe.jpg

rf1oxAl.jpg

wFZ1zXy.jpg

RzEebmX.jpg

dXaaLff.jpg

vBlagmR.jpg

C5BvCFM.jpg

BMmENGh.jpg

a6TC98m.jpg

• Like 52
  • Thanks 4

Superb work, looks like a really nice kit too. I’ve got to ask though, was there really a RIO called IM Fearless or was that a bit of humour on the part of the decal designer?

4 hours ago, goggsy said:

Superb work, looks like a really nice kit too. I’ve got to ask though, was there really a RIO called IM Fearless or was that a bit of humour on the part of the decal designer?

Hi, It seems that I.M. Fearless was a kind of nickname of this RIO :)

This is a book telling the story of this aircraft (The Showtime 100), and appears the I.M. Fearless XD

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

Outstanding model and finish ( wish my 1/72 version was that good) of one of  THE phantoms that took part in one of the greatest dogfights certainly of the vietnam war and possibly of all time  between Cunnigham and Driscoll in the phantom and I think it was Maj Toon a top VNAF ace in a Migig 17 and I am certain the take home lessons are still being taught today.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your messages.

Lessons that I learnt building this model:

• I need to improve the alignment of the landing gear tyres. I glued the tyres to the stick before attach to the fuselage. You can see in the pictures that is not well glued 😕
  • The finish of the model is too glossy. I spent an entire bottle of Mr Color H20 flat clear (2 layers of flat coat), but I think that is not enough.
  • Maybe the panel lines are too dark, maybe next time i'll use a lighter oil wash.

Best regards