Strange sort of intermittent access issue

A few times recently, the site has timed out while I've been using it. There doesn't seem to be any particular logic to when (I've had it both when returning to a menu after reading a thread and when trying to post). Once that's happened, I can't access it again from this PC, just get the standard message about the server taking too long to respond. The first few times, I though the website was down, but now I've discovered that I can access the website from my phone through the 4G, even when there is no access from the PC.

I've ruled out it being my internet connection as no other sites are affected, and the issue has usually resolved itself after about 15-60 minutes - it's almost as if there is a temporary block on my connection to the site:worry:. I've tried clearing the cache my end, but it didn't do any good.

Unfortunately, that is getting towards the limits of my tech ability. Is there anything else I could try my end, or is it some sort of site snafu?

Thanks for any help offered, it will be appreciated.

(With perfect timing it did the same first time I tried to post this!)

Same here, was only this site, could access via phone in the house but not iPad. I tried everything, but rebooting my home hub fixes it. It’s a pest and a pain but finally worked out how to get back. Can’t help with a more permanent fix sorry, that’s for the tech guys 

Seems to be ok for me (for now) now that I've rebooted my router too - I guess the router must have got tired of talking to BM!

EDIT - I take it all back. It's just kicked me out for 20 minutes before suddenly deciding to let me back in:doh:

Edited by Spiny

Oddly enough this has happened to me frequently over the last few years.What this has boiled down to is that the outside world connection between my machine and the BM server has stopped coping with the traffic it has to deal with and is not letting me through.

I'm in semi rural Lincolnshire,not much paying population per square mile so the infrastructure isn't well financed.

As a rule I will give it an hour or two to reconvene and then have another go.I'm still here to tell the tale.

Edited to add; It's probably not the BM server at fault.

Edited by Alex Gordon
It's more than likely that the BM server is not at fault.