Blitzbuild 2018 Chat

Just a quick reminder of the 2018 Blitzbuild GB.  This year it will run from Saturday 25 August to midnight on Monday 27 August.  It fits nicely around the bank holiday.

However, you don't get three days to finish your model.  You get 24 hours!   

This can be done in two ways:

1.  The Superhero Option :D  Complete your model in a single 24 hour time slot

2.  The Other Option  :)    Complete your model in two 12 hour slots, seperated by no more than 12 hours.  Still pretty heroic, if you ask me.  You can start on the Saturday and finish on the Sunday or start on the Sunday and finish on the Monday. 

Start a WIP thread with a start photo showing the time, ( a mobile phone/tablet screen/computer screen will suffice), then as many progress pics as you want (but at least six) and finally a finish photo again showing the time.

Bonus kudos points will be given for uniqueness of the clock, the on-plate presentation of the meals to be consumed and other things like great music videos etc. All the while remembering this is a family friendly forum ...

25% Rule: This is a short GB intended to showcase speed building skills with an unstarted kit. Therefore, the 25% rule is suspended for this GB. All kits must be unstarted, although removal of main components from the runners is acceptable.

All the othe usual GB rules apply, the most important being to have fun.  It's The Law!  :smartass:

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Zvezda Ju 87 B/R in 72nd scale for me. I built their Bf 109 F-2 two years go and I think these "fast assembly" kits suit a Blitzbuild nicely. Even though I did use cement in building the Bf 109, the kit is self supporting even before the glue sets. And they are rather nice kits too! V-P

EDIT: Whoops! I just remembered, that Blitzbuilding a Stuka is a definitely no-no without canopy masks! @Mikemx fortunately helped with that, thanks :yahoo:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Zvezda Ju 87 B/R in 72nd scale for me. I built their Bf 109 F-2 two years go and I think these "fast assembly" kits suit a Blitzbuild nicely. Even though I did use cement in building the Bf 109, the kit is self supporting even before the glue sets. And they are rather nice kits too! V-P

EDIT: Whoops! I just remembered, that Blitzbuilding a Stuka is a definitely no-no without canopy masks! @Mikemx fortunately helped with that, thanks :yahoo:

No problem! They'll be in this afternoon's post :) Enjoy your build!

thanks

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Whoops! I just remembered, that Blitzbuilding a Stuka is a definitely no-no without canopy masks!

I know what you mean.  I'll be building a Hobby Boss Do335 - again a non-starter without canopy masks.

• Like 1

I'll be digging something out,maybe Revell's new Spitfire Vb it's been getting a bit of a kicking review wise which always attract's me,the clipped wing

option is in the box and I have decal's for an air sea rescue bird  I bought one yesterday,if not my local dept store has a few Hobbyboss easy kit's in.

• Like 2

No now I have the Spitfire in the flesh it's cutting it fine with the proposed scheme (all thise stripes) so may  go with Zumbach's in box scheme.

Are what if's allowed? I have a very silly idea rolling around in my head!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Are what if's allowed? I have a very silly idea rolling around in my head!

The aim is to build a model in 24 hours.  No restriction on subjects.

So... yes.  Whifs are allowed.   The sillier the better. :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The aim is to build a model in 24 hours.  No restriction on subjects.

So... yes.  Whifs are allowed.   The sillier the better. :D

Thank's Enzo,the Red Baron now wasn't killed in1918...................................................................

• Like 3

A rummage in the stash reveals a 1/72 KP Skoda D.1 in a placcy bag - looks like a Hannants tie-in according to the instructions, respectable mouldings, and the decals look minty which is a bonus! 

A one-piece parasol wing makes it a little easier, and there is minimal rigging.

Choices are a NMF or overall grey/green...🤔

My partner is off for a spa/beach/horsey week on the 26th, so I shall probably go for the wuss-option of a 12 hour stint on the 26th and 27th. 😁

cheers,

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 2:43 PM, Mikemx said:

No problem! They'll be in this afternoon's post :) Enjoy your build!

thanks

Mike

I’m gonna need one of these too 

• Like 1

Crisis Baldrick crisis,not a flipping Airfix BF 109 to be found in any local shops for my red Baron whiffer so no idea what to build now,I'll leave it till

Thursday my day off and pop in to my LMS he thinks the re-released F might come in if not I'll pick up something else.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Crisis Baldrick crisis,not a flipping Airfix BF 109 to be found in any local shops for my red Baron whiffer so no idea what to build now,I'll leave it till

Thursday my day off and pop in to my LMS he thinks the re-released F might come in if not I'll pick up something else.

Isn’t this the way of this hobby! You have to move shelf loads of 109s in the shop or the stash to get to what you want or need, then when you want or need one, odly they have vanished! I’m thinking my lone stash 109, or one of multiple 190s, a rafale 1/144 or an Argentine Armada of FAA Skyhawk, OR US Navy.....

Il also need to get the food in for the infamous food thread pics too

• Like 1

Order just been dispatched by Hannants, I think I left it too late to order my 109 canopy mask and without it I don’t think this is a blitz build option

Want to keep it to a model I have built before so I know what to expect, otherwise I’d have went with my Marineflieger Tornado I have just uncovered...

190 or A4 it is...